• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

M

Moomoocow

Hi

I've suffered with clinical depression for 20+ years. I had been on sertraline 150mg but changed to mirtzapine 30mg in August. Since then I've gained a good half stone and as I'm already overweight (obese) I cannot afford to put weight on. Its awful. Nothing fits me and I can't afford to go and buy new clothes. I've spoken to the Dr who agreed to put me back on sertraline but am I destined to carry the extra weight as I seem to be struggling to shift it. That's depressing in itself!!

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
No, you will lose it again. I've been through this in the past.

As we get older, we do fill out a bit, but eating habits change too I think. I eat better now.

Eat healthily, less processed food, walk every day, lots of water.

Keep healthy

Leggings and long tops were helpful for me. Dresses with tights too.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Moomoocow, welcome to the forum.

L

Leggyane

I had same on mirtazapine, craved food all the time. I am now on sertraline, starting with 50,,now at 200. It takes a good few months to start to work. I'm only starting to feel better. My mental health team are talking about putting me on small dose of mirtazapine as I have lost so much weight, no appetite at all. So the weight does come off when mertamazipine is stopped. That has been my experience. Wait and see gp before stopping. Hope this is helpful.

M

Moomoocow

No, you will lose it again. I've been through this in the past.

As we get older, we do fill out a bit, but eating habits change too I think. I eat better now.

Eat healthily, less processed food, walk every day, lots of water.

Keep healthy

Leggings and long tops were helpful for me. Dresses with tights too.
I really hope so. I'm just looking at diet pills to help with a kick start. I know that's not the right way but I need to give myself some hope!

M

Moomoocow

I had same on mirtazapine, craved food all the time. I am now on sertraline, starting with 50,,now at 200. It takes a good few months to start to work. I'm only starting to feel better. My mental health team are talking about putting me on small dose of mirtazapine as I have lost so much weight, no appetite at all. So the weight does come off when mertamazipine is stopped. That has been my experience. Wait and see gp before stopping. Hope this is helpful.
I had no unwanted side effects with Sertraline. I'd been in citalopram before them but they just seemed to stop working. In August I thought my depression had taken a free fall but now know it was severe pmt (had come off the pill after 30 years so pmt was all new to me!). That's why they changed my tablets but now I've worked out it wasn't depression - and because of the horrible side effects of mirtzapine - they've put me back on sertraline. I've had to have 2 days clear from any anti ds then I'm on a week of 100mg then go up to 50mg. Fingers crossed the weight will come off I'm just so self conscious about it. Hope that all makes sense!!

L

Leggyane

It came off me, mertamazipine is known for weight gain.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I really hope so. I'm just looking at diet pills to help with a kick start. I know that's not the right way but I need to give myself some hope!

Please don't buy diet pills. It is a bad idea.

Breakfast - Porridge
Lunch -
Dinner -

Water