• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

Morax

Morax

I’m new here. I’m a 28 year old Chef from the Baltimore area. I’ve endured Depression, Anxiety and Borderline personality disorder for the greater part of my teen/adult life. I try my best to be proactive with my treatment, but I must go at my own pace. My current goal is getting back into therapy as I feel medication can only do so much. I hope to get to know some of you as I have difficulty making friends.

B

basil and oregano

Former member
Hello, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for what you had to go through in your life, and wish you the best in getting better. Hope you find lots of support in here, as well as the means to grow safer and stronger.

I've often fantasized about having a chef instruct me. I'd like to be taught by Michel Roux Jr. because he seems so friendly and down-to-earth, almost like family. Do you have a favourite dish you like to prepare, or a cuisine that draws you most?

And - lest we forget - after all these months years, my love for Lain is woefully unwavering.

L

Lewis21

I’m new here. I’m a 28 year old Chef from the Baltimore area. I’ve endured Depression, Anxiety and Borderline personality disorder for the greater part of my teen/adult life. I try my best to be proactive with my treatment, but I must go at my own pace. My current goal is getting back into therapy as I feel medication can only do so much. I hope to get to know some of you as I have difficulty making friends.
Hello and a very warm welcome x

Morax

Morax

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for what you had to go through in your life, and wish you the best in getting better. Hope you find lots of support in here, as well as the means to grow safer and stronger.

I've often fantasized about having a chef instruct me. I'd like to be taught by Michel Roux Jr. because he seems so friendly and down-to-earth, almost like family. Do you have a favourite dish you like to prepare, or a cuisine that draws you most?

And - lest we forget - after all these months years, my love for Lain is woefully unwavering.
Actually, yes. I love working with dough as my first job was in a bakery. I managed to finally get a second-hand stand mixer from my sister-in-law a year ago and it’s been an amazing addition to the kitchen. I’d attach some photos of some pizza I’ve made, but don’t wish to make you all hungry lol
Yes! All love Lain.

T

Tombomb

Pizza night be nice if we could have one ? That would be so cool

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome :)

T

Tombomb

Maybe one day we hit the jackpot i would hook all u up !!

B

basil and oregano

Former member
Actually, yes. I love working with dough as my first job was in a bakery. I managed to finally get a second-hand stand mixer from my sister-in-law a year ago and it’s been an amazing addition to the kitchen. I’d attach some photos of some pizza I’ve made, but don’t wish to make you all hungry lol
Yes! All love Lain.
My first job was at a bakery, too! Though it was a really bad experience - I only lasted a week! 🤣 I used to love baking but the memories from that place have put a damper on it... I wish I could get back to it, I've been thinking of making some speculaas cookies for some time now...

T

Tombomb

I loved Cooking in school ! I was very interested

Morax

Morax

My first job was at a bakery, too! Though it was a really bad experience - I only lasted a week! 🤣 I used to love baking but the memories from that place have put a damper on it... I wish I could get back to it, I've been thinking of making some speculaas cookies for some time now...
You totally should! I too had quite a negative experience at the bakery I worked. Manager really didn’t like me due to my Anxiety and that I didn’t speak much. Left the manager, not the job. :/

T

Tombomb

I guess I like making spaghetti n meatballs my favorite

B

basil and oregano

Former member
You totally should! I too had quite a negative experience at the bakery I worked. Manager really didn’t like me due to my Anxiety and that I didn’t speak much. Left the manager, not the job. :/
My manager was nuts, seriously. From day 2 I reported to the boss that I'd like to resign. He always felt ready to blow up at any minute and - surprise - he did!

Aw well... sorry to trouble you with my stuff. This is your thread, not mine! And, btw, please don't take our culinary gossip to mean that we don't respect your needs and don't want to listen to your problems. On the contrary!