• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

M

M032

Hi All

Just find myself needing a bit of help right now. I am currently experiencing extreme levels of anxiety and worrying about everything to the point that I’m not eating properly and my mind never stops thinking what is going to go wrong. I’m currently peri menopausal and wondering if there could be a link. I have had OCD for many years which is well controlled.
Any thoughts appreciated

L

Littlevoice89

Former member
Hi and welcome, not got much advice as I’m in a similar place myself but with intrusive thoughts causing anxiety. Hope you find some advice and that you continue posting :hug:

Passionflower

Passionflower

I am menopausal and my anxiety has gone through the roof since I was peri-menopausal.

Me Myself

Me Myself

:welcome:I know what it's like to have anxiety but I don't know anything about a connection between that and menopause. Do you have a doctor? What about anti-anxiety meds? Or even a nice cup of tea. I drink chamomile on occasion.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello M032, welcome to the forum.

M

M032

Thank you all for your replies. I do have a lot going on with family life and I’m usually ok and cope with it, just lately I find I’m not coping well. Thought I would join here as it’s nice to have an outlet with people who understand and offer support, so thank you. I have a lot of experience with OCD so if anyone needs some advice o am happy to share how I overcame the really bad times 🙂