• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

G

Ghost Jones

I know this sounds stupid and this probably doesn't belong here but here it is.....
I have always struggled with some form of anxiety but have always been able to managed it. But here lately I feel as if the world is coming to an end. In the morning I am experiencing depression so bad that it is overwhelming. This has been going on now for several months and seems to be getting worse. I am 57, and at this point in my life everything has become so very unstable. Not getting into the details of my situation, I will say that my way of life is threatened and on the verge of losing everything I got.

Some situations you can't change and at this point I don't know how to react to it, other than with anger which doesn't solve anything.
I guess I am hoping to find coping measures to help deal with these problems.

My question to this group is....what are the things that seems to work? Are dietary changes effective or not? I do know activity helps but the biggest problem is that I just can't get going no matter what.

Ghost

B

Bod

Former member
Hello Ghost Jones, welcome to the forum I hope that you will settle here as everyone is caring and helpful.