• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello!

LaraSam

LaraSam

Hi, I'm Lara. I'm 23 years old and have BPD PTSD (Coming from child abuse) and Depression. I am also a recovering anorexic. I have been suffering from these for about 10 years now, 2 of those being spent in a psychiatric hospital (Huntercombe Maidenhead - best thing that I've ever done) I since then have been in and out, spending the odd week here and there.

I think it's time that I spoke to other sufferers as I feel I can no longer burden those who I have off loaded to in the past. I currently take Citalopram and Diazepam. Of late, the psych stuff has started to interfere with my physical health, I ache all over and I have trouble with my co ordination. I also suffer from insomnia badly, getting about 3 hours sleep a night :(

So, this is me. :) Lara xx

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi Lara and :welcome: to the Forum. Hope that you can find some help and support here.

Nick.

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome:Lara

You will find an understanding ear here
KS

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: to MHF :)

LaraSam

LaraSam

Thank you very much for the welcome :)
I went to the Dr's this morning, I had some blood taken last week... I have Glandular Fever! That is why I ache and want to sleep the whole time! I have a feeling that I have had this for a number of weeks, my regular doctor obviously didn't care about my physical health as he was passing the headaches and the achy joints off as the mental stuff that's going on :( So I've been wandering round infecting people cos I've been going to college :(

Anyone else have a problem with GP's doing this? I now have a fear that I'm going to die of something perfectly treatable because my doctor will blame it on my mental health problems :(

D

Dollit

I don't think you'll have infected that many people, if any at college. You have to get pretty close to someone pretty regularly to pass it along. We used to call it the kissing disease.

Seriously though you can get fobbed off as a hypochondriac when you do have a mental health problem. You have to educate a GP sometimes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 11
TylersOutlet24 Introduce Yourself 7
L Introduce Yourself 5
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8