• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

R

Rosie2005

Hi all. I've joined in here to help with my separation anxiety that I've had for years along with OCD. I've never been diagnosed or anything but 100% sure it is what I have. I am already feeling anxious about my husband going abroad in a few weeks to watch football. During covid everything was fine as we couldn't go anywhere but now things are getting back to normal I'm feeling worse than ever.

Manic

Manic

Welcome.

One thing I would recommend to anyone that thinks they’re suffering from mental health issues is never self diagnose. This can only go wrong, and defiantly do not self medicate. I’m not suggesting you would. I would reach out to medical professionals and get help with the issue you’ve wrote here. As leaving it as is, can only make it worse.

N

Newuser6655

Hi all. I've joined in here to help with my separation anxiety that I've had for years along with OCD. I've never been diagnosed or anything but 100% sure it is what I have. I am already feeling anxious about my husband going abroad in a few weeks to watch football. During covid everything was fine as we couldn't go anywhere but now things are getting back to normal I'm feeling worse than ever.
Just gotta keep thinking positive thoughts, maybe have a talk with him and mention that you'd like him to wear a mask at the game or some extra precautions as you're worried about him? From what I've read the spread isn't as bad in open air places though! I've been out a few times to bigger venues in the last week and it does get me a little nervous still

R

Rosie2005

I don't self medicate, I don't take any medication to help me.

It's not covid I'm worried about, it's the fact that hes going away. I worry that he'll die, drink too much and get lost, or go missing(I don't worry about him cheating as completely trust him) Its always been like this for years when he goes out. I can't concentrate, I can't eat, I feel sick, panic, I'm tracking him every few minutes on Google maps. I cannot help it. I'm worrying about it all ready and it's not for three weeks. What I was saying about covid is it was a godsend as he couldn't go out!

Bod

Bod

Welcome to the forum, hope you will find it helpful here as everyone is so caring.

Manic

Manic

I apologise if it come across as me saying that, that wasn’t my intention at all.

It's not covid I'm worried about, it's the fact that hes going away. I worry that he'll die, drink too much and get lost, or go missing(I don't worry about him cheating as completely trust him) Its always been like this for years when he goes out. I can't concentrate, I can't eat, I feel sick, panic, I'm tracking him every few minutes on Google maps. I cannot help it. I'm worrying about it all ready and it's not for three weeks. What I was saying about covid is it was a godsend as he couldn't go out!
I honestly think that’s normal. It’s good to worry about a loved one. So I wouldn’t worry too much. If it really is taking over your life to the point you’re checking on him on google maps etc. I would recommend seeing your local GP about anxiety.

N

Newuser6655

Think about all that lovely alone time you'll have when he's away though! I used to love it when my partner would go away for a night, nice bubble bath and some relaxing music on... then maybe a cheeky take away and a beer too! Get your friends around when he's away to take your mind off things or go out yourself :) make the most of it he will be fine I bet

R

Rosie2005

I apologise if it come across as me saying that, that wasn’t my intention at all.

I honestly think that’s normal. It’s good to worry about a loved one. So I wouldn’t worry too much. If it really is taking over your life to the point you’re checking on him on google maps etc. I would recommend seeing your local GP about anxiety.

My other issue is I'm too proud to admit I have a problem

R

Rosie2005

Think about all that lovely alone time you'll have when he's away though! I used to love it when my partner would go away for a night, nice bubble bath and some relaxing music on... then maybe a cheeky take away and a beer too! Get your friends around when he's away to take your mind off things or go out yourself :) make the most of it he will be fine I bet

In my head I know he'll be fine but the irrational part of me can't help it. I can't describe how bad it makes me feel. I'd love to be able to enjoy the time but I can't

Manic

Manic

My other issue is I'm too proud to admit I have a problem
Trust me I honestly 100% understand where you’re coming from. I work in a high profile job. If I’m to admit anything to my employer, I’m goosed.

I let my situation run my life for years. Then I bit the bullet, and I got the help. Turns out it’s 100% confidential. Nobody knows. Well… expect you guys 🤣

R

Rosie2005

I come from a family where you carry on regardless. I have spoken to my husband about it but he doesn't understand at all. I tell him not to get too drunk, and he'll ignore me or get angry with me

Manic

Manic

I come from a family where you carry on regardless. I have spoken to my husband about it but he doesn't understand at all. I tell him not to get too drunk, and he'll ignore me or get angry with me
I truly understand your predicament. We can only offer you our own personal advice here. I still stand by what I said. End of the day, you’ve got to do what it best for you. If nobody is listening, then it’s time to reach out to professionals in my own personal opinion.

it’s totally down to yourself though. Nobody here is forcing you to do anything. We’re always here to listen if you need to vent! :)

R

Rosie2005

I truly understand your predicament. We can only offer you our own personal advice here. I still stand by what I said. End of the day, you’ve got to do what it best for you. If nobody is listening, then it’s time to reach out to professionals in my own personal opinion.

it’s totally down to yourself though. Nobody here is forcing you to do anything. We’re always here to listen if you need to vent! :)

Thank you. I'll take what you've said on board