• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

L

leo17

Hello everyone

Just found this website.

I have an assessment with the mental health team next week and i wondered if anyone could help me with what to expect please. I know it will take about an hour but that is all i know. I do know i need help but i am stressing out about it a bit.

Thank you

D

Dollit

An assessment is just to see how you are right now, who you should be seeing, gives you a chance to speak etc. It shouldn't be anything bad.

Welcome to the forum.

L

leo17

Thank you for the reply, and the welcome. I have what is called reactive depression. I have suffered from clinical depression since my teens. I have lost two children in the last five years which has started off the reactive depression. I really need to talk to somebody about this as i don't know which way to turn. I don't know how anyone can help me get through this.

D

Dollit

Do you have any form of counselling or a good relationship with your GP? Have you tried Cruse (they could be called something else by now), they can be very helpful.

L

leo17

Hello Dollit. Thank you for your reply. I have had 5 sessions with a counsellor through my GP but no more than that. I will try Cruse. Thank you very much for that, i will get in touch with them tomorrow.

D

Dollit

A lot of us here have a blog spot in the journals area - everyone uses them for different things. I love having mine there when I need it. Also if you identify with someone and want to talk privately there's always private messages.

L

leo17

Oh dear I know nothing about blogs Dollit. Can you inform me please?

D

Dollit

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Follow this link - this is where we all blog, pop in and have a look, leave a comment on a few people's blogs and see what you think. My blog is really a little boring but every now and then Paradox and Lucid pop in for the evening and we have a little riot.

Your blog is what you want to make it, your space but with input from people who care.

D

daisy girl

hi i'm new too....so just wanted to welcome you also!
x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 2
L Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 16