• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

Bod

Bod

Hi, welcome to the forum you will find it very helpful as all the members and staff are very caring.

S

sadgirl

Hi sosickofitall and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can

2Much2Feel

Hey, @soSickOfItAll, welcome to the forum! Hope you find it helpful here and like you can open up a bit about what's going on. Sounds like from your user name it may be a rough time for you, and this can really help you feel less alone and give you some advice and sense of community. Hope you find it helpful. xx

S

soSickOfItAll

Hey, @soSickOfItAll, welcome to the forum! Hope you find it helpful here and like you can open up a bit about what's going on. Sounds like from your user name it may be a rough time for you, and this can really help you feel less alone and give you some advice and sense of community. Hope you find it helpful. xx
Yeah I am having a really hard time...

Bod

Bod

Just scroll down the pages till you see the one you might want to talk in, like depression, anxiety and so on.

2Much2Feel

Where do I post to get help?
It's kind of hard to navigate, but if you just post where you are posting now, people will see it. It depends on what you're going through if you want to post in a specific forum, such as depression or schizophrenia, etc. Really hope you find your way here and are able to let people know what's going on. xx

Bod

Bod

S

soSickOfItAll

I feel like I should take control of my life, but don't know where to begin. Then I think that maybe its my fault that I am here in this situation, but I don't know what to do about it either. My parents have decided a life for me, and I am trying my hardest to follow it, but its so hard. I am afraid of making them disappointed, and of wasting their money when they have sent me to such an expensive place to study, but I just can't seem to help it.

2Much2Feel

I feel like I should take control of my life, but don't know where to begin. Then I think that maybe its my fault that I am here in this situation, but I don't know what to do about it either. My parents have decided a life for me, and I am trying my hardest to follow it, but its so hard. I am afraid of making them disappointed, and of wasting their money when they have sent me to such an expensive place to study, but I just can't seem to help it.
Are you able to get professional help at all? The guilt that we feel when we're not living up to expectations is kind of universal w MH issues it seems. It's part of it all, and it's hard to not feel it. But it isn't a helpful emotion to anyone. Your parents want what is best for you, and you being so down on yourself is not going to help. If you can, give yourself some grace and try to see that this is a particularly hard time in general, that you are doing what you can, and that you are worthy of help getting through it. Please try to not be so hard on yourself, you are struggling. Keep talking here, it can really help. But give yourself some grace; we are only human. xx

S

soSickOfItAll

I can't seem to tell my parents what I am feeling, cuz I don't think they are willing to listen. I did try before, once, but they don't seem t understand it. We went to a graphologist before, and he told my parents that I have severe depression, the kind where I should probably start taking meds, but they said that they didn't want that stuff from so early an age. He also told them that the course that I am currently studying is absolutely not suitable for me, but it kind of made them more determined to show people that I can and will study it! Yeah, I agree that I wanted to study it when I was younger, but gradually I realised that I cannot keep up with it.

2Much2Feel

I can't seem to tell my parents what I am feeling, cuz I don't think they are willing to listen. I did try before, once, but they don't seem t understand it. We went to a graphologist before, and he told my parents that I have severe depression, the kind where I should probably start taking meds, but they said that they didn't want that stuff from so early an age. He also told them that the course that I am currently studying is absolutely not suitable for me, but it kind of made them more determined to show people that I can and will study it! Yeah, I agree that I wanted to study it when I was younger, but gradually I realised that I cannot keep up with it.
Would it help if you took some time and wrote a letter or wrote out what you need to say to your parents? Are you a minor, or are you able to get help on your own without their consent? You may not want to answer that here on the forum, btw. But you need help, and maybe your parents need it drilled in a little harder just how difficult things are for you right now. As parents, it's hard to face when your kid is going through a rough time, that he or she may need professional help or meds. But if you put it to them that this is an urgent situation, take your time to really write it out clearly, maybe they will listen. If not, do you have a school counsellor who may be able to help you?

S

soSickOfItAll

I am in first year of college, and yes I can get help on my own. But I really don't want to tell them of my feelings, because
1) they really don't understand
2) I feel better off not making other people around me sadder.
My parents are really trying their best for me, I know it. So what I want isn't to tell them that their plan for me is hellish for me, but that I can actually rise up to the occasion. I don't wanna mope around. I want to be a better person who isn't blaming others. I want to be brave and strong. And support my parents wishes. Because I really believe that parents are never wrong.
BTW, I wanted to start a thread, but they told me to include recipients to post it. I don't know any names though.

2Much2Feel

I am in first year of college, and yes I can get help on my own. But I really don't want to tell them of my feelings, because
1) they really don't understand
2) I feel better off not making other people around me sadder.
My parents are really trying their best for me, I know it. So what I want isn't to tell them that their plan for me is hellish for me, but that I can actually rise up to the occasion. I don't wanna mope around. I want to be a better person who isn't blaming others. I want to be brave and strong. And support my parents wishes. Because I really believe that parents are never wrong.
BTW, I wanted to start a thread, but they told me to include recipients to post it. I don't know any names though.
Huh. Not sure about the recipients thing, but someone here can likely better direct you on posting, I'm not the best at it. You shouldn't have to post recipients.

Good for you for aiming to do what it is you feel you need to do. But if you can find a counsellor at school, that could be useful. Worrying about how your feelings may affect others close to you is normal, but sometimes it's just plain necessary. Only you can determine that, of course. You have strong goals, which is awesome. But they need to be your goals, and if you are feeling really down, sometimes we need some help along the way to get there. It's normal, esp during these times. I hope you can get to a point where you see it not as a burden to others, but as a bit of a hand up to help you achieve what you ultimately want to achieve. xx