• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello!

R

RachelxRose

Hello Everyone!
I’m actually really relieved that I’ll have a place to let out my thoughts about my mental health in a group(ish) setting because I’m not doing that currently. I only go to one-on-one therapy 2x a week. As of right now I was diagnosed with (wait let me get all the right terminology) Rapid cycling Bipolar 1 Disorder with psychotic features. A mouthful, I know. Anyways I also have General anxiety (and social anxiety) that I’ve had all my life and one other thing that I was just recently diagnosed with that is really controlling over my life right now is Histrionic Personality Disorder or HPD. It’s similar to BPD in the way it presents in me (kinda) there’s like some overlap if you have absolutely no idea what that is. I’ve been to the psych ward 5+ times for depression, mania, self harm, psychosis, etc I just have the whole package. Any questions please ask me if not have a good day. <3

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

Hey there! I have bipolar 2 and anxiety, so we're sorta in the same mental illness region.

S

Splash21kimbo

Hello nice to meet you ☺ please tell me to do one if I'm being to forward. How long have you struggled with mental health?? I'm struggling to unpick my brain and focus on getting better. Last spell of anxiety and depression I had I managed to work through some of my triggers but I feel this time round I can't do that and don't know why 😓 I don't know if medication makes you numb to it. ....... that's why this time round I've refused my meds increase, and looking for help from other avenues. How do you manage if you don't mind me asking?? I'm on cbt waiting list but it's going to take at least 12 weeks. Has anyone has cbt?? What are they thoughts?? Or if you know of any other avenues. If I can help in anyway let me know 😊 you have a friend in me. You're awesome, have a great day X

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

I was diagnosed in 2008. I'm only on an antidepressant right now. I plan to start on something for my anxiety soon. All of the mood stabilizers that I've tried either didn't work or had side effects that I couldn't tolerate. I haven't tried CBT, so I can't speak to that. Some medications can make you numb. The current antidepressant that I'm on is Effexor, and I don't appear to have any side effects from it. When I started taking it, I had a host of side effects that took two or three months to go away.

My bipolar mostly takes the form of intermittent depression, rather than manic episodes, so a mood stabilizer isn't super necessary.

As to how I manage, I don't really. I go through periods where I can't sleep well for months and I'm totally incapacitated during that time. I'm hoping that taking something for my anxiety will help with my sleep problems.

S

Splash21kimbo

My sleep is none existent at the moment which probably doesn't help. I find I can't shut off my brain is working overtime. It's all physiological though. That's why I'm currently finding it difficult to pin point whats making Me feel this way.
I was asked a question the other day from healthy minds. Do you find your neglecting self care?? I was like what's that??? It is what It says and I didn't realise I was neglecting self care but I forget to take my medication for asthma, showering taking any sort of me time. I have a busy house with 3 younge children. But I'm to busy doing my best to make them happy I forget or run out of time for myself. I neglect my hobbies make excuses why I cant meet up with friends, and why I'm not in the mood for sex with my soon to be husband. I know I will enjoy it 😉 but seems to be a monumental wall in the way constantly. I'm still trying to fit in self care but don't know where to start ..... I've always been bottom of the list, I wouldn't want it any other way but maybe just to try see if it helps. Any ideas on how to self care, to remember about you, without feeling guilty 😕

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

Any ideas on how to self care, to remember about you, without feeling guilty
Beats me. Recently, I've been mostly incapacitated all day. All I do is sleep all day. I also don't have any friends, I don't have a partner, and I don't have any family that I'm close to, so I'm kind of going a little mad from loneliness. That's why I joined this forum. I'm on a bunch of dating apps. I have a very strong urge to connect with someone. Hopefully, I can find someone who's lenient about my whole bipolar thing.

S

Splash21kimbo

Well you can scratch the friend thing off I would love to be your friend. I feel the same if I didn't have have my kids I wouldn't get up. Whats the point... it can be crippling but your not on your own. I would hate not having a support network I really feel for you. If I can do anything to make your day a little brighter. I'm here for u 😃

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

Well you can scratch the friend thing off I would love to be your friend. I feel the same if I didn't have have my kids I wouldn't get up. Whats the point... it can be crippling but your not on your own. I would hate not having a support network I really feel for you. If I can do anything to make your day a little brighter. I'm here for u 😃
Woo! Thanks! I'm at the point where I just need social contact. As long as I'm talking with someone about something, I feel better. I'd really like to get a girlfriend for snuggles. Also, it would be nice to have someone to watch horror movies with since I get scared. I'm really hoping that those dating apps bear fruit soon.

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello RachelxRose, welcome to the forum.

S

Splash21kimbo

Woo! Thanks! I'm at the point where I just need social contact. As long as I'm talking with someone about something, I feel better. I'd really like to get a girlfriend for snuggles. Also, it would be nice to have someone to watch horror movies with since I get scared. I'm really hoping that those dating apps bear fruit soon.
I hope you find someone soon and you will. I Love a good horror what are your favourites.

A Fancy Carp

A Fancy Carp

I hope you find someone soon and you will. I Love a good horror what are your favourites.
Thanks. I liked the Ring and Ringu. I also liked Krampus Those are the first that come to mind. I haven't watched a horror movie in a really long time because I'm a scaredy-cat. I live alone, and I need to at least have someone else in the house otherwise I'm not sleeping. Ideally, if I had a girlfriend, I could get her to sleep over and I could snuggle her.

S

Splash21kimbo

I dont blame you I would be the same. I have to watch them in the day time now if I'm on my own.