• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

B

BZH

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I look for help. I've worked all my life in places where mental health is not a thing or is a luxury. I've been fine with it, and had coping mechanisms which worked.
However over the past year, there's of course been covid and a rough lockdown, but I've also lost an aunt who was like a mother to a car crash, after being basically a vegetable for a year.
I've lost a friend to cancer.
I've had my grandad and father being diagnosed with cancer.
And last but not least an ex was recently murdered in the most atrocious way. She was someone who I still care deeply about. We parted way amicably for various reasons and I don't regret that as at the time I believed it was better for her.

This is all starting to take a serious toll on my life and the only thing keeping me going is the fact I have a son and I don't want to hurt him by leaving this life. Every day I give all I have to make sure he doesn't realise how I feel, and act as normal as possible. But I feel really trapped and can't wait for it to end. I haven't talked to anyone about this, and I keep hearing that the people who commit suicide are the ones who never talk about it. I've been thinking about it very seriously for a few months now, but every time I think about my son and the impact it would have on his life and I come around. So I'm coming to talk about it because one worried that some day I will be so far gone that I won't realise what impact it will have.

I don't necessarily expect anything from here, but just wanted to post this somewhere so it's not just in my head.

Thanks !

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello BZH, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read about your past and also about your current thoughts and feelings.

G

green6801

Hey, Im new here but i understand to an extent what you are going through. I lost my dad in february and i only have him, my mum and brother. When i lost him i began to really struggle with things that ive had to always deal with my whole life. The only reason im still here is because i did not want my mum and brother to have to go through that a second time. Sometimes we need a reason and we both have one. I promise it will get easier its just a process although i cannot fathom how you must be feeling. I wish you all the best to you and your son x