• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

shadow8

shadow8

Hello everyone! hope you're all ok! :)

I just joined and have been looking at some of the posts. It very comforting to see so many people out there going through similar things as me. I have suffered with depression since I was 12 and have been on many different meds and still have not found one that helps.

When I was first dx I refered to family and adolences sevice, but this was worse than nothing! I had student psy's so they changed every 6months and as I was only getting apps every 6weeks I only saw the same person a few times then would have to start again with the next one. It takes a lot for me to trust someone so eventually I shut down and stopped talk completely when I was there. I ended up only going for my mum, so she thought something was being done.

Eventually when I was 16 I didn't have to go there any more. I ended up going to a few counsiling place because my mum keep telling me I needed help but as I was doing it for her so she didn't worry as much I never stuck it out.

Over 2 years ago I ended up quiting my job because I couldn't cope any more and realised myself I needed to get help but I needed to do it for me this time. As I had difficulty talking I was refered to 1 year of art therapy. I wasn't too sure about it at first but as I carried on it helped me to talk as there was something else to fill some of the time if I couldn't talk or I could just focus on what I had done. This therapy led me to talking about my sh for the first time because of something I drew, I didn't realise what I had drawn til 10mins after looking at it and it took me the rest of the session say it. It did freak me out a bit but I finished that sept 08. I'm 21 now and still under the mht but nothing has happened since then and now I'm on a low again.
Sorry I've gone on so long. Thx for listening (reading)
shadow

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Shadow8

:welcome: I think you share a lot in common with a lot of people here. I for one have had m.h problems since a very young age and had a psychiatrist at 14. It didn;t help then I was too young and too scared - its good to get help as soon as you can and I like that people get encouraged here. I wish they had had places like this when I was young.

Keep Posting
KS

D

Dollit

Hi Shadow and welcome to the forum - it's a good place to be.

shadow8

shadow8

Thank you for your welcome.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Shadow and welcome to the Forum... it's good to have you hear and I hope that you find it a support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Introduce Yourself 7
G Introduce Yourself 15
TylersOutlet24 Introduce Yourself 7
L Introduce Yourself 8
M Introduce Yourself 6