• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello

S

Sophia14

Hello everybody. I suffer so much. Diagnosed by bpd and depression. There is none to talk about my feelings except for my new therapist. Hope i can find out answers here as i have many questions considering me and my past.

S

Sugaree

Welcome! Hopefully you will find answers and support here. It helps me cope with anxiety and depression.:welcome:

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome. It is good that you are seeing a therapist. Mine really helps x

S

Sophia14

Welcome. It is good that you are seeing a therapist. Mine really helps x
So far she just listen to me without expressing any opinion. Does it work like this?

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Forum Guide
Hi Sophia, welcome to to the forum. I hope you can find some support and understanding here.

With therapy it really depends what kind of therapy you are having and how soon it began. Early on they may be more listening to get a greater feel for patterns of thought before they suggest solutions or dig a little deeper. Just as you are feeling them out they are doing the same with you. It's a new relationship for you both. Maybe give it more time. What kind of therapy are you doing?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome Sophia! Yes all my therapist seems to do is sit there and listen it drives me crazy. I gave him some feedback letting him know that I would like him to probe more. It helped a little. When they just sit there listening it seems to be as helpful as it would be talking to a wall! xo, j

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Forum Guide
You may be doing the wrong type of therapy for you then @JessisMe. Different types of therapy are a bit like different vehicles. If you have turbulent emotions like a stormy sea you will want a boat. If you just want to practically get somewhere and not look back you may want a sports car. If you have had a rocky past you may need an off road vehicle to revisit and conquer those bumps.

It is worth looking into the different types of therapies out there. I find the ones that just involve being listened to with little feedback and few solutions useless in the long term.

There are lots of vehicles out there. More than what is even on this list.

S

Sophia14

Hi Sophia, welcome to to the forum. I hope you can find some support and understanding here.

With therapy it really depends what kind of therapy you are having and how soon it began. Early on they may be more listening to get a greater feel for patterns of thought before they suggest solutions or dig a little deeper. Just as you are feeling them out they are doing the same with you. It's a new relationship for you both. Maybe give it more time. What kind of therapy are you doing?
Thanks for you reply. I started it three months ago. It is DPD, the group that learn you skills starts tomorrow tho. My depression is in a very bad stage tho. I haven't found any supporr yet.

S

Sophia14

This weekend i slept for 30 hours. Sleeping is the only coping mechanism i have. Where i live people have no knowledge about bpd. I still mourn for a break up that happened four years ago and none wants to listen about this anymore. They also blame me for being stuck still. Lately i think about it obsessively again. I started thinking that he has bpd too, thats why the bond was that strong and he still keep on hurting me when we talk.

Z

Zoe1

hi Sophia

you can share as much as you like here about your breakup

people will understand

:welcome: :grouphug: 🕯