• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello :)

unseen

unseen

Hello, nice to meet you all. I am a 28 year old man suffering from social anxiety and maybe depression (been to therapy for the first but not the latter). This is my first time ever posting on a forum and I have never used social media. I am not sure why but from my teens on-wards I seemed to have an intense phobia of posting stuff online, so I guess this is a step in the right direction :).

I decided to join this forum in hopes to meet like-minded people and maybe have some interesting conversations. Apart from my parents and siblings I live with, I don't really have anyone else to talk or relate too as due to anxiety I became more socially isolated over the years and almost never leave the house unless absolutely necessary(getting groceries, appointments etc).

Outside my family I don't have any close relationships, such as a partner or friends. I am looking to work on this and hopefully make some new connections in future.

Anyways I am just going to have a look around the forum for now, hoping you all the best and maybe get speaking too you soon. :)

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome :welcome:

Have a flower🌻

BadWolf10

BadWolf10

Hello, I am new here too.
So far I am already feeling better about things sharing stories and feelings etc, knowing I am not alone.
Sometimes it is good to get it off your chest

unseen

unseen

Hello, I am new here too.
So far I am already feeling better about things sharing stories and feelings etc, knowing I am not alone.
Sometimes it is good to get it off your chest
Definitely, it is much better to share than to keep what you are feeling bottled up inside. 👍

Heartbroken

Heartbroken

Hello and welcome to the forum, unseen. I'm glad that you are using social media now.
I don't really like to post anything online either.
I'm sure that there are like-minded people you can talk with on this forum.
I understand what you mean. I don't really have anyone to talk to or relate to. It's really difficult with PTSD, anxiety and whatnot. I have severe, crippling agony and anxiety. I understand that you have become socially isolated over the years, it's the same for me. I'm the same. I'm very isolated from everything and everyone.
I only go out for the necessary stuff too, like appointments. That's all. I don't go out. I hate going out. I'm afraid of going out.

I don't have friends. So I understand you. Loneliness hurts and it's painful.
I hope you will make new connections.

unseen

unseen

Hello and welcome to the forum, unseen. I'm glad that you are using social media now.
I don't really like to post anything online either.
I'm sure that there are like-minded people you can talk with on this forum.
I understand what you mean. I don't really have anyone to talk to or relate to. It's really difficult with PTSD, anxiety and whatnot. I have severe, crippling agony and anxiety. I understand that you have become socially isolated over the years, it's the same for me. I'm the same. I'm very isolated from everything and everyone.
I only go out for the necessary stuff too, like appointments. That's all. I don't go out. I hate going out. I'm afraid of going out.

I don't have friends. So I understand you. Loneliness hurts and it's painful.
I hope you will make new connections.
Hi Heartbroken thank you so much :hug:. I have made a good few posts on here now and I feel I am getting more comfortable with it. It's great to be able to get some things off your chest you have kept bottled up inside.

I think we isolate ourselves as a way of coping with what we are feeling but it doesn't work out as a good strategy in the long run. It's important we have someone to talk to and confide in even if we don't feel like it sometimes.

I hope you are keeping well and maybe I will see you around the forums. Good luck

Heartbroken

Heartbroken

Hi unseen. Thank you for the reply and the hugs, unseen. It's good to hear your thoughts and I'm glad to hear about your positive experiences on this forum.

I understand and hear what you mean. I'm isolated because of my illnesses. I don't want to go out because of my fears and there's nothing left for me. Whether it's good or bad for me, it's the only thing I can do as I'm also physically not feeling OK either.
You are right about having someone to talk to.
I don't have anyone. Every time I get attached to someone, they disappear. Also spring and sunlight make me feel so much worse. Well I hope I had someone to talk to and confide in. I'm withdrawing because I don't want that my heart gets broken every time. Yet I want and hope all the time, every moment, that I had someone to talk to and confide in as you said. You are right it would be nice to have a person like that even if we don't feel like it sometimes as you well said.

Yes, maybe we'll see around the forums. It's a nice thought.
I wish you all the best. Good luck to you too. And I hope you are keeping well too.:hug: