• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello

G

Gkhair19

Hi I am suffering from bi polar I have been prescribed olanzipine 5mg and clompiramine 100 mg daily the last few days I have been feeling manic one minute and suicidal the next it's dark I have this obsession with being sectioned I can visualise being sectioned I'm trying to keep it together but its tough

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hello Gkhair I’m sorry you are struggling with your moods lately. Welcome to the forums. xo, j

HLon99

HLon99

Antidepressants, particularly TCAs such as Clomipiramine, are known to induce rapid cycling and mixed states in bipolar. Here in the England they are completely contraindicated for bipolar. I don't know how it is in N. Ireland but I have no idea why your doctor would prescribe you this.
Ask your psychiatrist to switch to a mood stabiliser, something like Lamotrigine.

G

Gkhair19

Antidepressants, particularly TCAs such as Clomipiramine, are known to induce rapid cycling and mixed states in bipolar. Here in the England they are completely contraindicated for bipolar. I don't know how it is in N. Ireland but I have no idea why your doctor would prescribe you this.
Ask your psychiatrist to switch to something like Lamotrigine.
Hi I'm visualizing my self dead commiting suicide the olanzipine and clomipramine were prescribed in the first lockdown it's very hard to focus I keep thinking I should be sectioned its sounds mad I feel like when I'm alone in my flat i could carry out suicide which is starting to scare me its horrible

HLon99

HLon99

Hi I'm visualizing my self dead commiting suicide the olanzipine and clomipramine were prescribed in the first lockdown it's very hard to focus I keep thinking I should be sectioned its sounds mad I feel like when I'm alone in my flat i could carry out suicide which is starting to scare me its horrible
If you feel like you're in crisis, please reach out to a trusted family member, your psychiatrist or failing that contact your local crisis team.

Samaritans:
116 123

G

Gkhair19

It's like a self fulfilling prophecy to be sectioned even though I know there is no beds in the mental hospital it feels like being sectioned and commiting suicide are my two main obessions it's like I want to be sectioned its awful

HLon99

HLon99

It's like a self fulfilling prophecy to be sectioned even though I know there is no beds in the mental hospital it feels like being sectioned and commiting suicide are my two main obessions it's like I want to be sectioned its awful
Although I myself have never been to the hospital, from what I hear its nothing like it is in the movies. There are not men in white coats dragging people into padded rooms. You can go there voluntarily, your not going to get sectioned forcibly unless they believe you are a clear and present danger to yourself or others, and as soon as you start feeling better you can leave at your own accord. Believe me, they don't want to keep you there any longer than they need to.

But your first port of call should be your family or a trusted friend. Fill them in on whats going on so they know how to help you. And try and get that Chlomipramine switched out for something else, but do so under medical supervision.

G

Gkhair19

Although I myself have never been to the hospital, from what I hear its nothing like it is in the movies. There are not men in white coats dragging people into padded rooms. You can go there voluntarily, your not going to get sectioned forcibly unless they believe you are a clear and present danger to yourself or others, and as soon as you start feeling better you can leave at your own accord. Believe me, they don't want to keep you there any longer than they need to.

But your first port of call should be your family or a trusted friend. Fill them in on whats going on so they know how to help you. And try and get that Chlomipramine switched out for something else, but do so under medical supervision.
Thank you for your beautiful words I will definitely check about the clompiramine I didn't know that about clompiramine now

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

Hi Gkhair19, welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry you're struggling. You got some good advise here.
I hope you'll get better soon.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Gkhair welcome to the forum :welcome: