• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

G

geoz

Found this site through a google search about self harm and masochism.

I did so since I was about 4 or 5 years old and as a teenager, it got more a more masochistic and sexualised. I'm now beginning to understand some of the causes but obviously a lot of blanks from being so young when I started. I read somewhere that it's quite rare for such young children to self harm and that distresses me a bit because I don't know why a child of that age would know how to act on themselves in that way. It has caused me no end of anxiety and I have a lot of difficulty talking to my family - I feel like the runt of it to be honest. And i am generally very scared of adults even though I am one myself with a reasonably successful job and married and about to have a family. This has prompted me to try and find avenues of discharging my anxieties in other ways instead of hurting myself so I don't pass on any issues to our child.

I don't want to say at the moment if I am a man or a woman, mainly because I'd also had a lot of gender issues but my other half is a very kind, understanding and supportive person and has always been someone I can trust 120%.

Anyway, this is hello.

D

Dollit

Hello Geoz and welcome to the forum. Say what you want when you feel ready. There's no rush, we're not going anywhere.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 6
H Introduce Yourself 7
H Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 16
gyutube Introduce Yourself 7