• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello

O

Ogubal

Hello everybody,

I'm Bruno and I live in France (I'm French and I hope I would not make too many mistakes in English).

I am now 47 and have been suffering from mental disorders since I was a teennager.

To put it short, my childhood and adolescence were marked by ill-treatments from my father (he died when I was 17). Now, when I think about this period of my life, I reckon he was somehow psychologically weak or in a bad shape; in fact he was a man which could not be a father (nor a husbad - my mother suffered also a great deal because of him). He was very angry, always insatisfied and didn't miss an occasion to pour his angriness and bitterness over me in a violent way. But, enough of him. I don't want to spend the rest of my life talking of him. Let's just say this was the startpoint of my issues: a very wrong departure in life.

Now I'm dealing and trying to cope with severe depression, major anxiety (social phobia) and personnality disorders.

My live is a wreck: I only achieved to have a college degree in mathematics when I was 23 but that's all. I've never been able to work, to make friends and I still live with my mom. I cannot see any ways to go out this nightmare: all things seem purposeless for me, I feel finished. I manage to survive with a Sate aid which is allowed to disable persons.

I see a psychiatrist every week (who practises CBT) and I have a treatment composed of an antidepressor, a small dose of an antipsychotic which are completed by an anxiolytic and a sleep-pill.

I post here because I cannot find a good French-speaking forum (the one well known in France is very depressing and that one who once existed in the site psychomedia.qc.ca seems now closed). Coming here I hope I could break this feeling of loneliness which haunted me (perhaps find a penpall in English). Moreover I like a lot English language (I learn by myself, I hope what I write is understandable) and I'm very attracted by English-speaking countries and culture: one of my great dream would be to go to USA once in my life...

So, that's it. See you soon on the forum and take care of yourselves,
Bruno

P

Pollypop

Hi Bruno,
It’s good to have you with us,

We are a friendly bunch here.
We try to give and accept help in many ways.
We also have some fun.

I understand a lot of what you are going through and
many others here will also identify with you.

Your English is as good as mine (I’m English) !
To have taught yourself to this standard is excellent.

Please stay around and make friends.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Bruno welcome to the forum :welcome:

Zero One

Zero One

Hello everybody,

I'm Bruno and I live in France (I'm French and I hope I would not make too many mistakes in English).

I am now 47 and have been suffering from mental disorders since I was a teennager.

To put it short, my childhood and adolescence were marked by ill-treatments from my father (he died when I was 17). Now, when I think about this period of my life, I reckon he was somehow psychologically weak or in a bad shape; in fact he was a man which could not be a father (nor a husbad - my mother suffered also a great deal because of him). He was very angry, always insatisfied and didn't miss an occasion to pour his angriness and bitterness over me in a violent way. But, enough of him. I don't want to spend the rest of my life talking of him. Let's just say this was the startpoint of my issues: a very wrong departure in life.

Now I'm dealing and trying to cope with severe depression, major anxiety (social phobia) and personnality disorders.

My live is a wreck: I only achieved to have a college degree in mathematics when I was 23 but that's all. I've never been able to work, to make friends and I still live with my mom. I cannot see any ways to go out this nightmare: all things seem purposeless for me, I feel finished. I manage to survive with a Sate aid which is allowed to disable persons.

I see a psychiatrist every week (who practises CBT) and I have a treatment composed of an antidepressor, a small dose of an antipsychotic which are completed by an anxiolytic and a sleep-pill.

I post here because I cannot find a good French-speaking forum (the one well known in France is very depressing and that one who once existed in the site psychomedia.qc.ca seems now closed). Coming here I hope I could break this feeling of loneliness which haunted me (perhaps find a penpall in English). Moreover I like a lot English language (I learn by myself, I hope what I write is understandable) and I'm very attracted by English-speaking countries and culture: one of my great dream would be to go to USA once in my life...

So, that's it. See you soon on the forum and take care of yourselves,
Bruno
You did very well with your English. My husband hurt our family but he was an alcoholic. Don't ever worry about talking about whatever you want here.

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome :welcome:

irwin

irwin

Hi Bruno, I was in Paris two years ago and had a great time seeing the sights and trying to speak French. I liked the people there, although people outside Paris might be different. I guess I prefer big city people over those in small towns with their cliques and prejudices.