• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hello

irishmam

irishmam

Founding Member
Hi all,
I am from south west england. I suffer from Depression, anxiety and eating 'issues'. I have suffered with depression off and on since I was 16 although this last bout seems to have lasted since I was diagnosed with Post Natal depression after the birth of my son who is now 4. I find it so hard to open up to anybody as I don't want to burden anybody, even my GP has likened it to 'getting blood out of a stone' so this is a huge step for me. I think this web site is a brilliant idea!!!

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there and welcome irishmam:welcome:

Guess your orginally from Ireland. Youll find this a very friendly forum, and im sure youll soon be joining in with the chats. Have a read thru and youll see there all sorts on here and you can discuss anything you want and not be criticised

:hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: irishmam :)

Glad you found us .......... we are a very supportive bunch , so post away :)

D

Dollit

Hi irishmam - welcome to our lovely site and hope to see you around. One thing is for sure you can talk away all you want here and no one will ever see you as a burden. You're from SW - we have local forums as well if you want to join in there. :welcome: and have some :tea:

irishmam

irishmam

Founding Member
thanks

Hi all,

Thanks for all your lovely comments. It is nice to feel that you can come on here and not be judged and talk to people who really know how you are feeling.

Thanks again
x:)

W

Windblows

Founding Member
Hi

Hi Irishmam
Thats a lovely name so it is.:flowers:
Sounds like you have a great affinity with your place of origin and the fact that you are a mother. On the other hand it may be simply a name you've made up but it is very orignal and it will certainly help us get to know you here.
:welcome:

Last edited:
Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Welcome

Hey Irishmam, :welcome:

I'm from southwest UK too and I've a boy of 3. Your situation sounds pretty similar to mind. I feel for you very much.

I've not been here long myself and I can vouch for the friendliness and support here. There is a wide diversity of people here and already I have found this a great place for support.

Look forward to hooking up with you and sharing some 'mother-of-a-preschooler' stories!

:flowers:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there Irishmam... :welcome:

singingdollydaydream

singingdollydaydream

Founding Member
helloooooooooo

:clap:WELCOME

singingdollydaydream

singingdollydaydream

Founding Member
SORRY

:oops:SORRY, USED WRONG SMILY, IT WASN`T SMILING. i AM FRIENDLY REALLY, JUST NOT TOO GOOD AT CONCENTRATING.

irishmam

irishmam

Founding Member
really had not noticed!!!

Hi,
Thanks for the message, singingdollydaydream.

I really had not noticed the wrong smily!!

I have really bad concentration and observation too!!!

Big Welcome to you too :welcome: :)

J

Jada

Founding Member
HI

Hi, i only found this site by chance this evening and it looks very helpful and interesting. I first started to suffer with anxiety 10yrs ago, i'm 31 now but around four years ago i seemed to be 'getting over it' until 3 months ago when i had an anxiety attack at a social function and seem to be getting worse since then. I think i have slight social agrophobia, some ocd's and generalised anxiety disorder, sometimes i think i'm going mad! I don't tell anyone about it and only spoke to the doc last wk and he's treating me for anaemia now so will have to go back. I have two children aged 2 and 5 and i would love to feel normal for them.
I look forward to chatting x:)

D

Dollit

Hello Jada - doesn't matter how you found us as long as you did. Join in as and when - we do serious talk here but we also know how to have fun. :welcome:

J

Jada

Founding Member
Hi

Thanx, it's good to be able to talk :) Hope to chat soon.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Introduce Yourself 8
iyashinoegao Introduce Yourself 13
M Introduce Yourself 4
Marcy_Cakes Introduce Yourself 8
ColdandAlone Introduce Yourself 10