• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

M

Meyyday

Hi, not sure what to post here nore why I have stumbled upon here.
Maybe I do, im 30, i've been "sober" for almost a decade with a voice in the back of my head telling me this was always a good thing to do. I've relapsed. Ive gone to university as a "mature" student but I think a few deaths in my family and losing my independence as an adult has cause a "relapse". However I think every day i've probably passed off the voice telling me I should.
It's weird, im happy surrounded by these people but at the same time being surrounded by young, start of their lives humans has probably hurt me.
Anyway, hi nice to meet you all.
J

A

Andhika

Hi, not sure what to post here nore why I have stumbled upon here.
Maybe I do, im 30, i've been "sober" for almost a decade with a voice in the back of my head telling me this was always a good thing to do. I've relapsed. Ive gone to university as a "mature" student but I think a few deaths in my family and losing my independence as an adult has cause a "relapse". However I think every day i've probably passed off the voice telling me I should.
It's weird, im happy surrounded by these people but at the same time being surrounded by young, start of their lives humans has probably hurt me.
Anyway, hi nice to meet you all.
J
Hi Meyday, welcome on board, but forgive me for being dense, but wht do you mean by sober. I also went into a tailspin when I lost my parents. I had to watch them suffer for 5 years before they passed away. Till today I miss them. It is natural to feel awkward among people who are not our peers either due to age or gender.

Again, nice to meet you too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 3
C Introduce Yourself 7
C Introduce Yourself 2
J Introduce Yourself 11
PurpleBlue Introduce Yourself 10