• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

M

Merlinthewizard

I guess I joined this forum because I need people to talk to.

I've been suffering from depression all of my life. Ive been sad since I was in elementary school. I cant really remember much except feeling sad. I'm 25 now and not really having any hope for the future.

This really feels like the lowest point in my life. Broke up with my girlfriend yesterday which lead to a lot of crying and guilt. It needed to happen but after it was over I realized I was alone. I dont really have anybody I could call a friend. I'm about to loose my health insurance so I cant see a therapist. I'm going to start a new job soon which terrifies me and I dont know if I can do it.

I just wanted to maybe talk to people that could understand. If anybody is willing to listen I'd really appreciate it.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi Merlin,
Welcome to the forum
I'm so sorry your struggling and have depression, we care here and will listen.
Lots of us make friends on here and don't have any in rl.
Please don't feel alone, you have us.
Well done for getting a new job, hoping a new start might help you.
We do have a journals section, which is good for venting in as well.
Hugs

M

Merlinthewizard

Thank you

Right now I'm just trying to get through each day and have hope again. I think I have some opportunities to talk to people but both covid and my own fear get in the way. I hoping this forum will get me in the rhythm of talking to people again.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your break up. That is enough to cause depression on its own. It is such a shame you cannot afford a therapist. It is good you have joined this forum. A lot of us have depression too.

M

Merlinthewizard

I'll have health insurance eventually, just not for at least a month.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 3
C Introduce Yourself 7
C Introduce Yourself 2
J Introduce Yourself 11
PurpleBlue Introduce Yourself 10