• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

Merlin

Merlin

Hi, Iv'e joined this site to hopefully get some information/ help for my daughter who isn't very well

S

saffron

Hi Merlin
hope you find what you are looking for, my thoughts go out to you, must be hard to not know the answers to help your daughter. hopefully we can help
welcome
S

Merlin

Merlin

Hi Merlin
hope you find what you are looking for, my thoughts go out to you, must be hard to not know the answers to help your daughter. hopefully we can help
welcome
S
Thanks Saffron, real hard time at the moment, but trying to be positive. :)

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Merlin. Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Hi Merlin :welcome: to the forum... its a pretty good place for support and advice it has certainly helped me out this past year.

Intel

xx

Behind The Sun

Behind The Sun

Hi Merlin :welcome: to the forum and hope you find the help you need for your daughter (y) :)

Merlin

Merlin

Help?

After talking to a Clinical Psychologist my husband and I took his advice and went on our three month holiday.............. we were called by other family members/ the Police/ child protection team........ flew home a month early to be met by all the services, as my daughter had a complete "melt down" .
She has been diagnosed with bi polar and prescribed meds and cbt. At the moment she hovers between " It's not my fault" to "I hate you, your trying to steal my son" ( we have him at the moment) Please someone tell me what/ how to help her? she has a husband, who dosen't have a great deal of insight

D

Dollit

Very few people would have a great deal of insight into bipolar disorder. It's difficult enough when it's happening to you.

Is your daughter taking the medication and doing the course of CBT? What sort of medication has she been given?

Tell her calmly when she talks of her child that he's only staying with you until she's well enough to copel

Remember that even though she has bipolar disorder she is still responsible for her behaviour - it may be magnified at the moment but it's still hers. My consultant never lets me forget that for a second.

If you go to the top of the forum there a place where you can click on - it says "Getting Help" - you may find some information there that can help you.

Merlin

Merlin

thanks

Yes Dollit, she's on some meds called Cipridene? from America? Her Consultant ( who wont talk to me....... she's not signed a permission to share form... no one has asked her!!) thinks they will help her quickly. but she is still abusing booze...
I have tried to explain to her we have no intention of " stealing her son" There's nothing I want more than him back with his Mum, though Child Protection are taking my grandson to Conference? this month... sorry for the ramble, half of me is nearing a heart attack the other half is trying to hang on in there...........

D

Dollit

I can't find that medication on the internet - so I can't tell you what it should be doing.

If she's still abusing alcohol then that won't help, it's potentially dangerous with any medication and she won't stabilise whilst drinking.

The conference will be all the people relevant to the care of your grandson and should include you as well as his parents since you're looking after him.

I know that this is an absolutely crazy time for you and that you're really worried about your daughter but try and take time to look after yourself. Keep posting x

Merlin

Merlin

Meds

Medication is Quetiapine Dollit, I've googled it, and it appears to have lesser side effects than some. Iv'e met with my daughter today and offered any support and help to get her through this initial crisis. ( and she never raised her voice once!!) So I'm hopeful and positive.
She admitted today that it's better for her son to be with us at present, so fingers crossed...
P.s This place helped last night............ I just needed to off load.

D

Dollit

I've taken the same medication as a short term solution and it has worked for me.

I'm glad that things are calmer and hopefully your daughter will be improving soon. Anytime you need us, you know where we are.

Merlin

Merlin

Any advice?

Hi folks, can anyone help? My daughter has been unwell for nearly a month, the new meds seem to be having little effect. She flew into a rage on Friday night and left her husband, no one could find her, none of her friends had heard from her, I rang the Police in the morning, who found her sleeping in her car, as she was acting very bizzare, the Police took her to the local crisis team, who promptly discharged her, she has been missing untill today, when she reversed her car into her husbands van on purpose. The Police have arrested her. ( third time in two weeks) and there's a fourth team coming out to assess her, my main worry is they will discharge her and she will hurt either herself or someone else. ( she gets very volatile when ill). She manages to present well to the Drs? anything anyone can suggest will be greatly appreaciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 8
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 15
M Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 4
Poemwrit3r Introduce Yourself 4