• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

I

ItsJustAdrenaline

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would say hello. This is the first time I have looked to connect with like minded people who can understand agoraphobia and panic disorder. Started for me around 6 years ago, and then slowly my world got smaller to the point where I haven't left the house apart from my drive for about 2 years now. Looking to recover and meet like minded people here who will understand me without feeling judged or embarrassed. I have made some good progress within the last 6 years as I have gone from around 10-12 panic attacks a day to a few occasions where I just tell myself it's adrenaline now which it is and it helps me to calm and settle very fast.

Nice to meet everyone, any fellow suffers here?

B

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you struggle with agoraphobia and panic disorder. I used to have agoraphobia. I have never shaken of the feeling of being uncomfortable being outside. You will find a lot of support on here.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi itsjustAdrenaline,
Welcome to the forum
I've had one episode, I know how frightening it can seem.
With support from my family, I started going out slowly and gradually increasing the time I spent away.
Sending you hugs.
Well done you are extremely brave.