• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello

W

woosy

Hi, I have just joined and this site seems really supportive, I have anxiety, agoraphobia and, panic attacks. I have had this for 20 years since having heart surgery. I have learnt a lot in this time, but understanding doesnt bring relief. there are so many people who have mental health issues its hard to understand why there isnt more help. Has anyone overcome their mental health to go on to live a fulfilling life. Finding it especially hard right now as I am trying to get out on my own, I am also waiting for counselling for child abuse so I have a bit of work ahead of me, but reading these threads I realise Im not alone. Thank you for taking the time to read:):grouphug:

D

Dollit

Hi Woosy and welcome to the forum. I haven't actually had a paid job for a while, I couldn't cope with the stress but I do some very meaningful voluntary work. I'm a great networker and help to effect big changes in my neighbourhood. I've become an expert on a number of things and yes it is possible to have a meaningful life but sometimes you have to adjust your idea of what that is. I never thought that I could do what I do now but being sick has enabled me to do it.

Keep hoping.

W

woosy

Thank you Dollitt, sometimes Im really motivated and I feel I can tackle anything but I didnt push myself to try, until now, you sound very motivated and Iv taken what you have said on board and I am gonna try and find my strengths through all of this:flowers:

D

Dollit

I'm lucky in that a lot of the people I work with (police officers mostly) are very supportive of me, they know of my health problems and I work when I want and do what I want mostly. Most of them don't know they're part of my support team but they are.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Woosy and welcome to the forum!

I think I'm a relative newbie to MH illness but live (mostly) in hope of something fullfilling to happen at some point in the future - Dollit, I think is an inspiration to all of us.

Take care and keep in touch.
Honey, xx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 13
H Introduce Yourself 7
H Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 16
gyutube Introduce Yourself 7