• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Hello

dunglen

dunglen

Founding Member
I am looking for advice and support dealing with being depressed and recently my mum died. At present I cannot find anything positive to focus on and I am really struggling to cope.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi there Dunglen, sounds like things aren't easy at the moment. Despite death being such a common occurence we (as a society) don't seem well equipped to deal with it. I lost my father when I was 10, and really had virtually no support in dealing with my emotions. May I ask, is your depression as a result of the death, or were you feeling down before?? I only ask because if you are feeling distress from the death of your mom advice might be different that if you were suffering from a mental illness such as Manic Depression.

People here are really open and friendly, and as they've all been through the mill a bit, they'll be happy to lend an ear to your troubles.

Hope to chat soon....

:welcome:

D

Dollit

Hi Dunglen, glad you made the trip over. The people here are friendly and supportive and will do what they can. I find it helps me a lot that I just chat a lot with the rest of the girls but when I do need help I shout and they all gather round. :welcome: :hug:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: dunglen :)

We are all friendly and supportive here :)

He1ena

He1ena

Founding Member
Hello and welcome!

I'm pretty new to the forum and have never really tried to help other people in my kind of situation before.

However, I'm really good at giving advice, but not taking it!

I to have lost people close to me in the past three years. I lost my Nana in 2005 and my grandad not so long ago. My grandad abused me as a child and didn't tell anyone till last year. Subsequently, everyone has masked over his death and i have been unable to grieve. So I too am looking for some help in that area. What I'm trying to say is that we all have our reasons to be here, but in a way we're all very similar. I have come to notice since i arrived that everyone is unbelievably supportive and I will try my best to be for you. I hope you get something positive from us all.

Do you have anyone in your life who you can talk to?

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hiya :hug:

How are you feeling today ?