Hello.

Slowthai

Slowthai

Hello there, I'm joshua I'm from the UK & am 22, I've been "Currently" Diagnosed with Split Personality Disorder, I've joined this forum to meet people who i can connect with and understand, I'm pretty lonely at this point in my life, I'm currently living on my own due to my mental health problems have caused a problem between my relationship and she didn't really understand, and would react the wrong way, So we both decided its fair for us to split apart, I have a 6 month year old daughter also that's the most beautiful human being in the world. Shes amazing, Its hard being without her but i get to see her whenever i like but its a very long way from where i am now, But i tend to go 5 days a week, I'm just reaching out to people for a little guidance?, Thank you ever so much. - Joshua "Slow"

calypso

calypso

Admin
:welcome: to the forum Joshua. I don't know much about Split Personality Disorder, what is it and how does it manifest? I am glad you have such a lovely child, that must be so rewarding for you. Can you tell us about your problem so we can listen and support you?

Slowthai

Slowthai

:welcome: to the forum Joshua. I don't know much about Split Personality Disorder, what is it and how does it manifest? I am glad you have such a lovely child, that must be so rewarding for you. Can you tell us about your problem so we can listen and support you?
Hello calypso! Thank you!, Well if i am honest, i have no idea myself, I've not long been diagnosed with Split Personality Disorder, But i have had therapy since i was around 8 years of age, I didn't have the best child hood you could say? not to sure?, But all i can tell you at this moment in time is that, I feel like what i do on a day to day basis, is me doing it but also its not me doing it, its the 2nd me? maybe the 3rd? or 4th? depends how i feel, I can get into many different "zones" as i've managed to some how label them as zones?, Well, i can be very low, deep,dark,symbolic,mysterious,devious,angry,and very out of key for me. This is the dark zone? Then maybe 20 minutes or 1 hour will pass by, i will be very happy, smiling, singing beyonce? haha, And signing melodies, and laughing to myself, that's the high zone. then the middle zone is just me being me? but i'm not to sure what me is? Because i can't remember me as much? i don't remember many things either, like what i spoke about today with people in person i can't remember? maybe because it wasn't me? or it was? i'm not to sure? But things happen, Like the other night all i remember is looking out the window. next minute i remember sitting on a random pavement? then the next i remember leaning on the kitchen side waiting for the kettle to boil, i woke up the next morning, for some reason i had a cucumber in my bag and a tin of butter beans? and some sweets? and a bottle of dilated juice?, Weird i know? but not to sure what happened? i managed to hurt myself to and i'm not to sure how it happened? yeah ups and downs but its okay. hope it helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
calypso

calypso

Admin
WOW that is something. It must be quite worrying for you not to know what happened to you. I hope you can be just "one" Joshua for your child. From what I know (which is VERY limited) it usually happens when we have trauma and the mind splits to cope with it. Has therapy helped at all? Do they say what the prognosis is? Therapy since the age of 8, that sounds intensive. Harming yourself? Do you remember ever feeling so low that you would have done that to yourself?

We had someone on here who called it DID (Dissociative Identity Disorder) and suffered quite a bit but she remembered quite a few of her "alters" as she called them. Does something have to happen to trigger you? Have you ever been able to isolate anything in therapy?

Sorry for the questions, I am just interested and wonder how we can best support you through this.

Slowthai

Slowthai

Well i had a very rough child hood, they did say it was caused by trauma as a child, Also i must have got it wrong, as you just reminded me i have DID. that's what i have? I'm new to it as ive had underlining problems for my whole life almost but i've only now got the help due to having a daughter, I don't remember what happens but i have hurt myself plenty of times, i tend to like self harm but not to sure why i do it? but i get the urge to do it like an addiction? Also i've only just started to get therapy but i will keep you updated. I missed out the voices, I constantly have mumbling in my head but sometimes its clear, not to sure if its a female or a male? Also females laughing around 5am at me in the woods? god knows why i was in the woods at five am, I'm currently having an addiction to voodoo and black magik. it's fine its nice for me to vent without being there and feeling like im going to pop with anxiety as i look straight through you lol -.- many thanks for your guidance - Joshua.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 4
W Introduce Yourself 4
H Introduce Yourself 5
C Introduce Yourself 4
MyNameIsUseless Introduce Yourself 6