Hello

D

Didi

Hi All
I am Dee and a long time sufferer of depression; recently I worked out that I am actually suffering from cyclothymia, a mild form of bi polar. I have no motivation, little energy and everything is a struggle: sitting and watching tv when I completely lose myself in other peoples' lives, is all I want to do. I run my business, live alone and feel very isolated. Enjoy the outdoors and climbing mountains (yes! I Know!) but EVERYTHING is a STRUGGLE.
Don't want to labour my friends and family - my mum is 90 and is full of beans (long may this last) - so I thought I'd look for a forum. I don't want to convene a pity party because I sometimes can't differentiate between being lazy or ill...but I do need support.
That's it friends.
Enjoy your day....

megirl

megirl

:welcome:
Sorry to hear of your struggles, mental illness can be so frustrating and hard for others to understand.
Doesn't sound like you are lazy you are struggling, and yes you've found the right place for support.
We are a friendly bunch here at the forum.
See you around

D

Didi

:welcome:
Sorry to hear of your struggles, mental illness can be so frustrating and hard for others to understand.
Doesn't sound like you are lazy you are struggling, and yes you've found the right place for support.
We are a friendly bunch here at the forum.
See you around

Thank you megirl - appreciate prompt response and support....xx

megirl

megirl

I know what its like not to burden others,
Its just so hard not wanting others to worry, likewise I also have bipolar however I have been quite stable for some time
When unwell yeh horrid I remember like yourself my then husband used to take me away for some all day tramps, doing stuff in the great outdoors which I so loved, then all of a sudden even thinking about these things just sapped my energy.
Sometimes I dont think we know how crook we are til we get better,
A great place to start would be to see a doctor, medication sounds scary but yeh its certainly a start.
Can you make an appointment soon

D

Didi

Its just so hard not wanting others to worry, likewise I also have bipolar however I have been quite stable for some time
When unwell yeh horrid I remember like yourself my then husband used to take me away for some all day tramps, doing stuff in the great outdoors which I so loved, then all of a sudden even thinking about these things just sapped my energy.
A great place to start would be to see a doctor, medication sounds scary but yeh its certainly a start.
I have given a brief current summary of my illness on the forum but it has been long standing; since childhood and then really precipitated 30years ago when in a bad marriage and then a terrible divorce. I am on Prozac, was doing really well on it; doc suggested weaning me off it, I refused saying it had given me a life line and then 6 months later, thought I was doing soooo well, I just stopped. Madness...literally. Continued to do fairly well, hypo mania kicked in, felt like a normal person and then one morning in Jan, I woke and it as if the last 2 months hadn't happened at all.
I was down...yet again...and it just continues.
Back on Prozac
Trying to see doc for confirmation of cyclothymia...I have self diagnosed the cyclothymia...it was the stopping of the meds and the hypo mania that fit my condition.....
Thanks again megirl....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 4
L Introduce Yourself 10
R Introduce Yourself 8
Z Introduce Yourself 8
H Introduce Yourself 10