Hello

B

babyblue22

Hiya, I am 22 years old and have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder. I try to stay positive but day to day life can and is a struggle. I have a history of self harm and suicide attempts from a very young age and still struggle with coping.
I struggle the most with relationships and how other people view me. I have been open and honest with my family but they just seem to be embarrassed by my diagnosis.
I also have severe abandonment issues which impact on my relationship with my boyfriend as he feels like he is stepping on egg shells all the time trying not to say the wrong thing. I find this hard because I want him to tell me when he is feeling depressed or sad whether or not I am having a good day or a bad day.
I have only ever known 1 other person with BPD and she was one of my best friends. Sadly she killed herself 2 years ago. Sometimes I wonder if I am going down the same path as her and sometimes I wonder why I am here and she isn't. I hope that joining this forum will help me connect with other people with BPD and help me with coping strategies and different ways to deal with things.

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Continue to educate yourself and learn ways to cope.

Your family shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed because they too have a mental health that can become mentally ill by amounts of negative impacts and negative thoughts.

And it's not just you that's suffering with this, but others as well. They need to stop trying to be so perfect when this life isn't. They need to try to understand where you are coming from and accept that this is you and y'all play a part in it too. Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. Until you do and go from there.

When dealing with your boyfriend be the first one to initiate the conversation when just now seeing each other after work or errands or fun time to keep him off those egg shells 😏.

Sorry for your loss. Since you're concerned about following in her footsteps, don't!, by listening to her cry for help and others stories of suicide (survival or not) due to mental illnesses and see how you can not make the same mistake by healing your mind, body and spirit daily.

Keep up the fight.

GL GB BS!

Last edited by a moderator:
RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Hi and welcome to MHF! Hopeful helping. Be aware. GL GB BS!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 14
I Introduce Yourself 5
K Introduce Yourself 2
H Introduce Yourself 3
S Introduce Yourself 2