• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Hello

M

Maryann

Hello everyone. I'm glad to find this forum as here are people who probably could understand me or at least not judge..

I'm from non-english speaking country so my English is far from being perfect. But i'm in despair, as psychologists that i tried to work with couldn't help and the worst thing is - they didn't even want to ..

I wasn't sure where to post, because it seems, that i have all the issues in my life, depression, social anxiety and i'm also suffering from low self-esteem and feeling guilty all the time.

Probably the main problem is low self-esteem. But i did work hard on myself to get better version of myself for the last 7 years. In one moment i felt that something goes wrong and started to research. I tried techniques, talking to psychologists. I made goals and thrown all the strengths i had to reach them, as it was advised in books, articles and motivational videos. I tried affirmations, i also tried to ged rid of negative thoughts. Sometimes i felt it helped but most of the time it didn't work.

I still feel very insecure and not accepting myself, full of fears:( And sometimes i feel really lonely. I feel that everyone is judging me for being bad or not fitting to the society. Sorry for a lot of negative things.. I don't know whether i need therapy or no. After all the things i heard from the last consultation with psychologist, i'm scared to be opened to people more

I sincerely wish everyone here to be happy..

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. You sound in a bad way and have tried to get the help you need with little results. I think therapy would be helpful too and maybe see your doc to ask them about how you feel and if they can help you.

Low self esteem is awful and I sympathise. But the depression is probably too strong for you to just pull yourself out of it. I wish you well.

M

Maryann

Hi! thank you very much for reply)
I guess my psychologist is rather more like a life consultant or coach.. It's really hard here in my country to find a good qualified doctor who loves his(or her) work and able to help.
If here is advises how to find good doctor, i would be very thankful) Is it possible to find online help here? )

Z

ziedite

Hi Maryann - your English is perfect... so don't worry about that at all! :)

Depression and self esteem often go hand in hand, but honestly I don't know which comes first and I don't think the psychologists know either. It sounds like you haven't found the right sort of person to speak to... you don't say what country you're from, but your psychologists don't seem to be clued up enough to help you. And that is their issue, not yours.

I have also tried to improve my self esteem by doing affirmations and writing notes to myself around the house to no avail. It has taken some time through therapy to understand that self esteem is built very early in a child's life and if it isn't built then, then it is a constant uphill battle through adulthood to build it up. I know, that sounds like a shitty arrangement, but that is how the human brain seems to develop. Accepting it is the first step to building it up.

Take care of yourself and let us know how we can help.