Hello

Bondek

Bondek

Greetings,

I figure an intro post is the way to go. I came across the forum when googling things and what with the way things are going presently, figure I should join. Hard to say in a nutshell but one thing I have noticed of late is that whereas I figured I'd had depression, it has become overcome by worsening anxiety. Things that a few years ago when I was at uni', unemployed and whatnot, have become much worse in the head.

Hope to dip my toe in the pool here and find some answers :)

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

Hello Bondek and welcome yeah depression …and then anxiety rears it head…when you are younger there is a lot more to distract you but as these distractions out do their usefulness you begin to notice..

Walking and diet is the way forwards least for me anyways. The less shit* you put in your body the less the body has to process and food does affect mood.

One thing for sure with depression and anxiety is that it helps to make some lifestyle changes in the stress department as well. Such as folk who stress you out maybe time to ditch them.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome. Depression and anxiety are the detrimental duo, they seem to alternate between leader and sidekick at least for me

If you're interested in sharing some more about yourself, jump on in. Have you been diagnosed ever and if so, what sorts of treatments have you recieved, what worked and what hasn't?

Good to have you among us

Bondek

Bondek

Hi and welcome. Depression and anxiety are the detrimental duo, they seem to alternate between leader and sidekick at least for me

If you're interested in sharing some more about yourself, jump on in. Have you been diagnosed ever and if so, what sorts of treatments have you recieved, what worked and what hasn't?

Good to have you among us
Thank you. I've sort of been diagnosed -I say that, I've been going to my local mental health team since I was 18, of late when I get copies of the psychiatric doctor's notes it says (at the time) low-grade anxiety. However, I've not seen a doctor there since November 2017 -I'm meant to be seeing someone for 'medicine review' on the 18th but it's been a nightmare. My care co-ordinator left last March with a note to flag me for urgent review but it's somehow taken the rest of the year. My appointment in November got cancelled.

I had CBT group therapy in 2014 then one-to-one and since February 2017 in a group therapy that finishes next month. I wouldn't say it's helped, things have become worse in that time. Probably since I moved home in September 2017 and now am by myself. Medication wise I was on venlafaxine from when I was 18 to early 2017 (so, 31) and then sertraline(?) and now mirtazapine and quetiapine (forgive my typos. Never spell them right!).

Welcome Bondek!x

Much love <3
thank you.