• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

B

Bainster1

Hi, not sure what to put here really lol. I'm Robert, suffered anxiety and depression most of my life and discovered this website tonight while working nightshift.
Going through a crisis period myself at the moment and hopefully I can find some support from people who understand, and with any luck I may be able to help somebody in the same position.
Anyway, look forward to speaking to some of you.

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

hello and :welcome: to the forum! We are nice people here, so I'm sure you'll make some friends and get some support from us, although keep in mind we are not professionals. Anyway, I'm here any time you want to talk. :hug1:

B

Bainster1

Hi, thanks for replying, yeah I understand your not professionals, but I've always believed people who have actually suffered these illnesses are, in their own way, professionals.
Who better to understand than people who have experienced it kind of thing 😊.
Anyway, thank you for the friendly reply and I appreciate the offer of a chat 👍.
Very kind of you.

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

Hi, thanks for replying, yeah I understand your not professionals, but I've always believed people who have actually suffered these illnesses are, in their own way, professionals.
Who better to understand than people who have experienced it kind of thing ��.
Anyway, thank you for the friendly reply and I appreciate the offer of a chat ��.
Very kind of you.
That's very true. I am actually in college right now because I want to become a therapist and help people, and when I told my therapist about it, she said that I will make a great therapist because I have struggled with mental illness myself so I know what it is like. She did tell me to be careful who I tell though, since some people will be hesitant to hire me if they know I am mentally ill.

B

Bainster1

I don't think there's any better training you can have than actually enduring it yourself.
Well done to you for training, the counselling manager I spoke to the other day said they had several qualified counselors who have their own 'experiences' of illness so I don't think it would hold you back.
And personally speaking, if I had the choice, I myself would prefer someone who had actually been through something themselves.
Textbooks can only teach you so much.
Either way, congrats again on training and trying to make a difference to others 😊😊👍👍

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Introduce Yourself 0
L Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 16