• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

hello

C

charlie

Founding Member
Hi -i'm new here. having a bad time at the moment as I feel quite low and can't get in touch with any one to let them know. I used to have a CPN I could phone but since moving here I only have a psychiatrist i see very infrequently and I can't get an appointment for months. I did phone the crisis team after my GP gave me the number but i have left several messages and no one has got back to me.
Oh well - just get used to it.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi -i'm new here. having a bad time at the moment as I feel quite low and can't get in touch with any one to let them know. I used to have a CPN I could phone but since moving here I only have a psychiatrist i see very infrequently and I can't get an appointment for months. I did phone the crisis team after my GP gave me the number but i have left several messages and no one has got back to me.
Oh well - just get used to it.

Sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the moment.
As for the crisis team ............. answer machine is way out of order , a crisis line should be " manned " 24/7.!
Have you mentioned to your gp that you are getting no joy from crisis team ?

Hang in there mate , i'm sure if any of us can help we will .

C

charlie

Founding Member
hi I'm not that bad just now - just that I know when things are starting to go wrong and will just get worse and I can't get anyone to intervene before things get really bad. i used to have a clear care plan and I'd have contacted my CPN who would have arranged for medication to be increased by now so things wouldn't have got bad. I can't seem to get any help here at all.
Maybe they are a bit behind the times here.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Charlie, if you cant get any response from the crisis team go to A&E. Thats what ive been told. They have all the medics that you will need.

I dont know about you but my crisis team is thru NHS Direct and all u have to do is tell them you are on a CPA and they usually are very quick at getting back to you

L

Lyra

Founding Member
Charlie, if you cant get any response from the crisis team go to A&E. Thats what ive been told. They have all the medics that you will need.

I dont know about you but my crisis team is thru NHS Direct and all u have to do is tell them you are on a CPA and they usually are very quick at getting back to you

I live in the same couty as Charlie and we're all under the same trust. the crisis team is run by the mental health trust and you frequently just get an answer machine. If they do bother phoning you back they usually refuse to do anything anyway - they tell you to go for a walk because exercise lifts your mood or treat yourself to something special like a bar of chocolate - apparently chocolate lifts your mood as well. :confused:
You are only allowed to phone them in the first place if a CPN, GP etc have given them your name and referred you.

D

Dollit

Once we've been referred to the crisis team (now called Home Intervention) then we can self refer. Recently I had a really hard time. I was the victim of an attempted mugging which left me bruised, shocked, very tearful and distressed. Luckily I have contacts who rallied round me and supported me but it still took the best part of 5 days to stop crying. A few weeks later I had a series of small explosions in my kitchen - the electrician from the Council claimed there was nothing to be found, the woman on the switchboard thought that in light of my health problems perhaps nothing was happening. It was happening and judged by a competent electrician to have been a fire risk. I was really wound up after all this and rang HI and explained in great detail. Apparently they decided that because I could say coherently what was wrong and how I was feeling I was no where near as bad as I claimed I felt and that I should just ring a friend. I'm extremely high functioning, high intellectualizing and that just makes me more aware of how dangerous my situation can get. Just because I can ask for help doesn't make me well... Needless to say I am complaining when I see the psych/GP next. I'll have to be really up against it before I get in touch with them again. Maybe I would have got more sense out of an answering machine?! Sorry - rant over!:mad:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Once we've been referred to the crisis team (now called Home Intervention) then we can self refer. Recently I had a really hard time. I was the victim of an attempted mugging which left me bruised, shocked, very tearful and distressed. Luckily I have contacts who rallied round me and supported me but it still took the best part of 5 days to stop crying. A few weeks later I had a series of small explosions in my kitchen - the electrician from the Council claimed there was nothing to be found, the woman on the switchboard thought that in light of my health problems perhaps nothing was happening. It was happening and judged by a competent electrician to have been a fire risk. I was really wound up after all this and rang HI and explained in great detail. Apparently they decided that because I could say coherently what was wrong and how I was feeling I was no where near as bad as I claimed I felt and that I should just ring a friend. I'm extremely high functioning, high intellectualizing and that just makes me more aware of how dangerous my situation can get. Just because I can ask for help doesn't make me well... Needless to say I am complaining when I see the psych/GP next. I'll have to be really up against it before I get in touch with them again. Maybe I would have got more sense out of an answering machine?! Sorry - rant over!:mad:
:hug: Dollit i can understand your dispair at there reactions ........... i'd have gone for the juggler knowing me :cry:

D

Dollit

Aah Fedup, you are guaranteed to make me laugh at myself you really are. Let's have a cup of tea :tea:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
:tea: cheers Dollit :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Bipolar Forum 1
P Bipolar Forum 2