• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

hello..

P

phoenixx

hello, i have been taking a new medication aripiprazole (abilify) 25mgs for a few months now and my hallucinations have stopped am still hearing voices but the intensity has lowered dramatically, i am also not feeling as paraniod as was before so this has to be a good thing, still confused about it all and trying to accept that it wasnt real.its just at present am feeling quite depressed latly my brother moved in with me and helps take care of my son who is disabled,(autism) i get very anxous and worried if i have to meet anyone, since i was ill ive lost all my friends and just stay home somtimes i feel invisable and wish i wasnt around anymore my brother doesnt understand and thinks im stupid i was diagnosed with paraniod schizophrenia after i left hospital a year ago. my health care worker is pleased with my progress and thinks i have done really well i am always upbeat and smily around her she thinks its nothing a bit of exercise wont fix! but its more than that yes my weight does bother me as i put 4 stone on whilst taking risperidone, i have started self harming again i dont no why but seeing it makes me feel better. i feel lonely yet suffocated at the same time cant get any space away from my brother he isnt working at the moment so he is around all the time taking the piss! my parents worrie to they around lots so i stay happy but inside im lost and confused a bit of a fuck up! :cry: if my family new i was harming again i dread to think what would happen..i feel so low what can i do.

M

maudikie

maudikie.

go back to see your G.P. and tell him that you are having difficulties at home with the family. He should have some leaflets which he could give to you to give to your parents and brother to explain about the illness. If not get them to use the net to find out about it. Have you been given a diagnosis? this would make it easier for them to find the info.
Have you got a C.P.N. as he/she could see the family and explain a bit , and assure them that y ou are n ot "swinging the lead".
Take care.

P

phoenixx

thanks for your replie, my parents are supportive they want me well, but cant accept the diagnosis ive been given they are still upset about it all. my care worker did print out alot of info relating to my illness for my family to read only my brother has looked at it, he still doesnt understand he doesnt want to, only the other day he was joking about cameras in the house, i said it wasnt funny and confronted him about it:mad:as it was a huge part of my problems being under survielance i explained to him how it was all real and it had happened to me and not to talk about things he didnt understand..
he laughed and said i just wouldnt back down out of principle because i would look stupid! and he wasnt interested in talking about my schizophrinia so i went quiet and left well alone. i havent spoken to my sister in over 5 months since telling her my diagnosis i had to tell her as it was getting difficult not to, im hoping she will come around to it maybe she was angry i hadnt told her sooner or shes embarassed by me. poeple dont let you forget. im feeling more deppressed each day and i dont no the real reasons.. my past keeps creeping up on me and making me depressed no one understands especially family i have to keep being happy but its very difficult...