• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

S

Sertra Lina

Hello. Another lost soul needing an understanding/sympathetic/'humouring' (is that a word?) ear...

I've been wondering for a long time if I could find a new place to chat and who knows, maybe even make the odd friend, or two... :cry: A recent experience on another forum was the push I needed, so here I am :unsure:

I have just gone out and bought a bottle of Asda's own Martini (yeah I'm a class act), which is already working its magic. The addition of 4 Sertraline (hence the username) is bringing on a rather.. 'who cares' kind of feeling.. Ahh, it's rather nice. Not to be bothered what people think, to realise that those that are so mean with so little reason are really not worth worrying about, and to know that they are what I believe is now a dictionary term? - 'trolls'.

What I'm really struggling to 'get' though is how people can be so mean... Even on 'da interwebs' (yes, it's kicking in now :D ) where we can be anonymous.. (sorry, is that a swear-word these days? I know how fame-hungry so many are.. plastering their real names and way-too-much personal info. wherever they can...) I still can't bring myself to be openly rude to people, critical, hurtful, obnoxious! (which I have recently been called - and yes, it is most definitely unjustified imo! :mad:)

Okay, sod it... I'm going to tell you what and where it was... I have loads more to say, and could realllllly do with a chat, but I'll leave it here for now, since well... if you feel like the responders to that post, there's no point me sticking around...
I'll put it in my profile somewhere if I can.. as I'm a bit paranoid, as well as all my other.. 'issues'.........
My lovely eldest boy thinks they're very unreasonable, and wants to sign up to reply. Youngest keeps suggesting things I should post (not very well thought out, usually ending in 'loser' and actually, rather funny :LOL:). Eldest wants to play an online game with me soon, and my other little sweetie just said the most adorable thing.. So, whilst OH has gone off to 'play out with his friends' (makes me feel a little better to put it like that :evil: ) and whizz around on his recently acquired motorbike, together with matching, also-recently-acquired gear, instead of spending the day with his son on his birthday, we will occupy ourselves in fantasy-land. A far better place to be as far as I'm concerned!

So truly sorry for rambling on in this way. An embarassing introduction indeed I'm sure I will think later, but hey, maybe one or two people will make me feel a little better, and instead of reading a fresh addition to the thread with a fresh flood of tears at feeling unjustly judged and treated as if I had done far worse then dared to 'vent' (on a '... vent...' board too!) I will smile, then beam to have finally found a new home; one that hasn't 'outgrown itself' as I have often thought of that other one...

To those that have listened. Thank you so much.

:sorry:

BTW: It occurs to me that I should at least mention some reason for choosing this forum, other than just a vague, random, need for someone/somewhere to ramble on... I've had a couple of stretches off work over the last 14 years due to stress/depression. I was feeling a little better recently, but we had to survive on my (very!) part-time wage for several months recently due to OH having an illness... (then all his mid-life-crisis, family-ignoring, bike nonsense - eldest missed a school trip a bit before all that, because we couldn't afford it............ :eek: ), and well......... circumstances, combined with my 'genetic disposition', have resulted in........ well, let's just say, I could have used the username 'Captain/Lady Chaos' or similar........

Thank you.............
................ I hope............

Crikey......... preview shows that this is very long..... (though I could easily do MUCH longer!) ....... don't know whether to post it.......

.................................... submit

S

Sertra Lina

Ok I get the message.
How do I delete my post please?
Ta

myownveryone

myownveryone

Welcome to the forum. Everyone's super helpful here and this is a safe supportive place. I hate talking about the thoughts in my head and this is the only place I feel safe to. I'm sorry to hear your stuggling and it's difficult if your partner can't support you because of their own difficulties. Rant away, you're welcome to. Sometimes a post is lost in a flood of other posts but there are a few that go hunting for such posts, usually late in the evening (UK time), so sometimes a little patience is required. Your thoughts will be heared here, and a few will know exactly where you're coming from. I hope you find this place as comfoeting as I do. :hugsmiley:

SarahD

SarahD

:welcome: Hi Sertra Lina

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you were let down on your previous forum. Our members are friendly and supportive, so I hope you will find it better here.

Have a look around the forum, there are sections on mental health difficulties, as you have found, and also more general topics, some more relaxing. In our local forums there are details of some local activities or sources of support.

I hope you find the forum a good place to be.

Best wishes, Sarah

S

Sertra Lina

Phew

Oh thank you both :)
Didn't mean to be impatient :redface:

myownveryone

myownveryone

Not at all. I tend to hover over my posts waiting for replies. I always assume I'm just invisable and people dont care if I don't quickly get a reply but I'll have check back the next day and it will turn out that loads of people care, they just weren't online when I happened to post. :)

S

Sertra Lina

Ooh, hello there. Thank you :)
I'm off out to take my son to the theatre in London for his main birthday treat now.

Have a lovely day all!

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey Sertra Lina, welcome to the forum. :hi:
I'm glad you've responded since wanting to delete your message.
I've been a member of the forum for quite a while and I find that certain times of the day/week are quieter than others, and I think you unfortunately posted at a quiet time.
Don't be discouraged though, we are a friendly bunch and I hope you stick around. :hug:

It is really strange, isn't it? The whole troll thing and how cruel people can be.
I can understand to some extent people being ruder than they'd normally be if they are anonymous - the removal of any consequences of their actions and words seems to somehow make people feel they have permission to be arses.
But it seems that people are increasingly being mean and rude using their full names and locations. I can't understand it all, personally. :scratcheshead:

I'm sorry to hear you've been through some really rough patches, both personally and in terms of your family life. Being skint is really stressful in itself.

Anyway, I hope you had a lovely time at the Theatre with your boy. :)

S

Sertra Lina

Grateful

Thank you all for your replies :grouphug:

Yes we had a lovely time. I nearly messed it all up by setting off too late, but I dropped him off at the theatre whilst I went to park, which worked out alright. Phew!

Still feeling a bit low, but yesterday helped. Got a rather unpleasant headache creeping on: I think it's the stress/upset/drink/lack of sleep from the last few days. Youngest has orders to do a couple of chores, then I'll see if I can encourage him to read a book whilst I 'listen to' mine.

Hope you're all well :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Depression Forum 4
D Depression Forum 9
S Depression Forum 1
L Depression Forum 27