• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello! :)

D

Dreamer818

Hello,
I have OCD and Social Anxiety, I'm currently unemployed and I don't have any friends. I do have family but they're busy with their own lives, so I usually spend alot of time on my own. I guess I joined this forum because I'm lonely and I hoped to find someone who could relate to my situation.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
C

Christobel

Welcome to the forum. I am someone who spends a lot of time on her own. I make sure I go out every day for a coffee, even if I drink it alone. Are you able to do things like that, or does social phobia make it impossible? How old are you - if it's not a rude question? Do you live with your family?

D

Dreamer818

Hi Christobel,
I'm 26 and I live alone. I can make it to familiar places on my own, when I know it's not going to be busy. I usually try and leave the house once a day even if it's only to the local supermarket and back. I still feel very lonely though.

nonotme

nonotme

Hi Christobel, I still feel very lonely though.
hey, fully understand you. I have a good support network and still feel lonely. you will get support and help here....

what things do you enjoy? and where are you from?

D

Dreamer818

Hello nonotme,
I'm from England and I don't really have many interests. Well, I watch a lot of TV if that counts as an interest? :)

I have recently signed up for a course, it's only one afternoon a week. It's a really small group and I haven't really spoken to anyone there yet.

Alot of the time I feel too embarrassed to go to places on my own where people are usually with someone or in a group. I'm not very good in busy places either.

D

Dreamer818

Thanks for the welcome, everyone :)

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum Dreamer818.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cookies_marshmallows Introduce Yourself 2
F Introduce Yourself 2
B Introduce Yourself 13
R Introduce Yourself 5