• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello

T

ThatFatGuy

I've been looking around for some kind of local support but haven't been very successful.

I'm stuck at home, with depression and acute social anxiety. I'm 42 and spent all of my 30s in my house. I'm stuck in my own head and that's my main problem, I think ... I think too much, I guess.

I have to fake being ok, all the time, so I don't burden my daughter or my house mate.

I'm so tired and, I've recently noticed, really lonely.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, or what I expect from here, ... I just need, a friend I guess, but a friend who understands, that I don't have to feel guilty about unloading my thoughts on and one who I can be there for, in return.

TFG

T

ThatFatGuy

Hey brat tomato, thank for replying

T

ThatFatGuy

I'm struggling ... I'm usually ok at faking that I'm better than I am but right now I just wanna curl into a ball and cry.

Can't do that though cos daughter is home because of the Easter holiday.

I'm just really lonely ... I obviously can't talk to my daughter and I don't want to put it all onto my housemate(my ex gf and my daughter's mother) ... but I've got no one to speak to. I've become so isolated that I barely leave the house and I have no friends anymore.

I'm a bit of a mess, tbh

TFG

rubyrose

rubyrose

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear you're struggling. I struggle with social anxiety and depression too. I hope you find the forum helpful. I've come across great people here. Although you may feel lonely, you are not alone. Hope you feel a bit better about things soon.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I'm struggling ... I'm usually ok at faking that I'm better than I am but right now I just wanna curl into a ball and cry.

Can't do that though cos daughter is home because of the Easter holiday.

I'm just really lonely ... I obviously can't talk to my daughter and I don't want to put it all onto my housemate(my ex gf and my daughter's mother) ... but I've got no one to speak to. I've become so isolated that I barely leave the house and I have no friends anymore.

I'm a bit of a mess, tbh

TFG
You can share on here. Its safer than facebook etc.

T

ThatFatGuy

I think I just need some human contact. My housemate (the ex) gets up at 5am, doesn't get home till 6pm-7pm and by the time she's get herself sorted for work the next day, and spent time with our daughter she only has an hour or so before she turns in for the night. I don't want to spend that time unloading my "issues" on her. She doesn't need it.

Its not that she wouldn't listen, but how do you explain how you feel to someone, when you really don't understand it yourself, and she really doesn't need to spend what little time she has before going to bed, listening to all the stuff thats in my head.

I can't talk to my daughter, (as I've said previously, for obvious reasons). Unfortunately, my daughter and my ex are the only two people I have in my life. I've no one else to talk to. Being as isolated as I am, for as long as I have been, has resulted in my having no friends, putting on a lot of weight and developing some minor health issues (related to my weight and lack of exercise) ... I say minor, but with nothing else to do other than live in my own head, all day everyday they feel like the worst things in the world and end up making my depression and anxiety worse.

I really just want (need?) someone to talk to, who understands what its like, who's been where I am or something ... Oh I don't know, I don't think I really know what I want.

No, thats wrong ... I do know exactly what I want, I just have no idea how to get there.

I have ideas, great ideas, actually I'm full of them this has been going on for about a month. But following through on the ideas, thats the hard part ... impossible really, for now at least.

I know I'm by far the only person who has gone, or is going through what I am ... I know there are people that completely understand what its like ... but when I get into that mindset, I feel so alone, ... desperate I guess.

Gonna stop typing for now cos I'm about to set myself off crying and I'm not alone so can't do that.

TFG

nonotme

nonotme

hi TFG

where about do you live?

T

ThatFatGuy

@nonotme I'm in Shropshire in the UK

T

ThatFatGuy

@nonotme I'm in Shropshire, in the UK

T

ThatFatGuy

Not sure if its because I gave a general location of where I am, but apparently my answer to you has to be approved by a moderator...

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
I'm sorry it sounds like things are difficult and that you're quite lonely in your life. Whilst it's not the same as face-to-face contact, there are plenty of friends waiting to me made here.

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome to the forum. :)

I hope you find this a positive place to be.

AutumnalSprinkles