• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello

O

outsidemike

hi just posting to say l'll puts ting through posts on this forum looking for information because my wife has been hospitalized with post partum psychosis. official diagnosis is a bi polar II mania with psychotic features.

she's been hospitalized 3 weeks now, and likely much longer to go, and I'm just trying to understand what's happening with her. I cant imagine what she's going through as visits are painful enough for me to go through, its like there is a scared paranoid stranger in my wife's body.

I

Icloud

I really feel for you, I also know how your wife is feeling, I have bipolar1 it's a horrible illness for the sufferer and the family. I visited my sister who is also bp1 for three months it was very distressing like you say it's like a stranger in your loved ones body and feels like you don't know them anymore, but just remember she will get back to normal. Sending you big hugs xxx

O

outsidemike

wanted to ask how bad is memory loss from shock therapy. My wife is a university educated registered nurse who works in a organ transplant center. a very mentally challenging field of work.

I'm worried short term memory loss could ruin a career she loves.they haven't got to this point yet but its being considered as she's been highly unresponsive to any meds, i.e. they're giving her enough Haldol to sedate an elephant and she still running around restless. she is responding to Seroquel but at the upper limits of drug dosing. think she 800mg right now, and being tested for heart murmurs and what not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Bipolar Forum 1
P Bipolar Forum 2