• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello

A

akg69

I just joined this forum after finding it from the google people.

I'm 37 now and have suffered with mental health issues since I was a kid. I've seen so many professionals, been on medication, self help books etc and nothing really seems long lasting. I'm now getting to the point where I really feel like giving up.

I'm so tired.

I'm hoping to speak to people on here who might understand how I feel. People around me don't seem to grasp how tough it can be and I feel quite alone.

I feel so 'different' to other people and feel I don't fit in anywhere. I'm awkward around others and uncomfortable in my own skin. Why can't I just be normal????

(How pathetic do I sound!!!???!!) :eek2:

Mayfair

Mayfair

I just joined this forum after finding it from the google people.

I'm 37 now and have suffered with mental health issues since I was a kid. I've seen so many professionals, been on medication, self help books etc and nothing really seems long lasting. I'm now getting to the point where I really feel like giving up.

I'm so tired.

I'm hoping to speak to people on here who might understand how I feel. People around me don't seem to grasp how tough it can be and I feel quite alone.

I feel so 'different' to other people and feel I don't fit in anywhere. I'm awkward around others and uncomfortable in my own skin. Why can't I just be normal????

(How pathetic do I sound!!!???!!) :eek2:
bold, you don't at all.

I found here from Google too. I guess word of mouth doesn't do it!

yes, MI is/can be VERY tiring.

:welcome: to the forums akg :)

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think it is normal. Life can poke a hole in your reality which forever scars you. It does not happen to everybody.

What is normal? A 9-5 job, a mortgage and a pension? Or is that just conditioning?

A

akg69

I think it is normal. Life can poke a hole in your reality which forever scars you. It does not happen to everybody.

What is normal? A 9-5 job, a mortgage and a pension? Or is that just conditioning?
Don't get me started on conditioning!!! Society ... actually I'll not get into it but let's just say I know what you're saying!!

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Don't get me started on conditioning!!! Society ... actually I'll not get into it but let's just say I know what you're saying!!
It helps to get it all out - its up to you. The more the better IMO.

A

akg69

It helps to get it all out - its up to you. The more the better IMO.
Well, I personally think it's societies fault a lot of mental health issues exist. If we were all aloud to be ourselves, to be able to feel free to talk about stuff without fear we'd all be the better for it. All people do is f**k you over and leave you to deal with the aftermath.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Well, I personally think it's societies fault a lot of mental health issues exist. If we were all aloud to be ourselves, to be able to feel free to talk about stuff without fear we'd all be the better for it. All people do is f**k you over and leave you to deal with the aftermath.
On the Prince Album - Purple Rain - Prince tells us that in this life we are alone .... but there is an afterworld where everything is great.

I guess it means - yeah the world can be cold and lonely - but it is a shared experience.

L

lovagemuffin

seems that way doesn't it but there are good people still I know this for a fact don't let the bastards drag you down:hug::loveshower:

A

akg69

On the Prince Album - Purple Rain - Prince tells us that in this life we are alone .... but there is an afterworld where everything is great.

I guess it means - yeah the world can be cold and lonely - but it is a shared experience.
Good tune! Perhaps he's right. I'd like to see this place though.. it might not serve my poison :p

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
You don't sound pathetic, at least not to me. I can relate to what you've said about feeling on a different wavelength to the average person.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi akg69 and welcome to the forum. I hope you're settling in okay.

I know that 'different' feeling only too well, as I'm sure will many others here.

I think it's very difficult for people who have never suffered MH issues to understand or imagine how we feel and what we go through on a daily basis. Here, on the forum, we totally understand and support each other as best we can.

By the way, I didn't think you sounded pathetic in the slightest. Take care.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hi and welcome x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Eternal_Clusterfluff Introduce Yourself 2
M Introduce Yourself 6
h_put2021 Introduce Yourself 4
C Introduce Yourself 7
C Introduce Yourself 2