• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

M

mandaj

HI, my name is Amanda. I was in a traumatic car accident in june. I was severely injured. The post traumatic stress has gotten to me pretty hard. I still keep replaying it in my head (what I can remember, anyway.)

The guy who hit us, backed up and started driving forward with my husband in front of his vehicle. He was pushed backward about 6 feet. Seeing that really scared me and won't stop replaying in my head. The depression from my lack of quality of life because of the injuries is bad. My anxiety while driving is bad. Im really suffering at the moment.

If you got this far, I applaud you. I'm happy to be here. I'm thankful for a place where I can talk to someone, hopefully without hearing "just get over it".

Thank you for reading :)

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Hello Amanda:

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your troubles, and I do hope you take time to recover.

Cheers

M

Mastiff mom

Dear Amanda, I think you have been through a horrifying experience and it's no wonder it is haunting you. I'm so sorry you were injured so badly and witnessed your husband being hurt as well. Welcome to the site. There are many wonderful supportive people here. Please keep sharing. Hugs to you.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum Amanda.
I'm ever so sorry to hear about what happened.
PTSD is indeed a valid illness and cannot just be "got over"! Some people are so ignorant. :hug1:

R

Rose19602

Hey Amanda,
:welcome: to you.
We will definitely NOT tell you to just get over it or invalidate your feelings.
That sounds extremely traumatic....I'm not surprised that you are having the reactions you describe.
I think that sounds normal and entirely justified.

We can listen to you and you can talk it through with us as much as you need to, and we can also help perhaps with (not expert) advice, but lived advice and information on treating PTSD by speaking to other sufferers.

Take a look around the sub forums and you will surely find posts on trauma / therapy / meds etc and the experiences of others too.

Please to have you with us.
x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi Amanda and welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear of your experience too. It must have been an horrendous thing to go through. As MissKitty said, you won't find anyone here telling you to just get over it so please share as much as you feel able to. This is a place for support. :hug1:

M

mandaj

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome :) it feels good to be in a place where people know my feelings are valid. It's definitely something I need right now. Im happy to be here :)

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introduce Yourself 5
T Introduce Yourself 4
PurpleBlue Introduce Yourself 9
L Introduce Yourself 7
K Introduce Yourself 4