• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello

P

polarcat

Hello everyone

I'm here because I'm bipolar 2 - have been for many years but only diagnosed last year and am now on medication which helps a lot. I am married with a 4 year old daughter. I work 3 days and am doing an OU degree. My main problem is a dependency on pain killers (codeine) which I am going to admit at last to my psychiatrist. If anyone has had this problem i'd love to chat xxxx

S

*Sapphire*

Hi polarcat and :welcome:

I hope you find the forum as friendly and supportive as I have. :)

L

Lady Summer Isles

Hi and :welcome:
Good to have you here.

I just wanted to ask how long you have been taking the codine and how long it took to get dependant on it. I'm just worried as I'm currently taking co-codamol as I found the codine on it;s own too strong. However at first just one tablet was more or less knocking me out and now i need 2 and there is nowhere near the same effect. I don't want to get addicted but at the same time I need them for my back pain. I've been on them for about a month now.
Thanks
Lady T:hug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 4
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 16
M Introduce Yourself 4