• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello World

M

ManFea

:hi: - Hi I'm Manfea

I'm a mid 30's guy so has just heard about this web site and joined. I have a long history of Depression and social phobia. However I believe the correct diagnosis should be Avoidance Personalty Disorder. So please if anyone can point me to any relevant threads or web pages i would be most grateful.

I have recently just got back on medication after having a run in with the DWP I'm rather typical AvPB person so please do not take it to heart if you email me and i don't/take a long time to reply it really is a case of it being me not you.

I live alone in the West Midlands and don't work due to being unable to stand being around others. However I was on the Pathways to work program until DWP decided nothing was wrong with me. Something that i only got reversed when I emailed the office of the sectary of state ( How poor is a system that the only way to get a mistake over turned is to go to a government minister)

Manfea

S

saffron

Welcome to the forum manfea. (y)

there are lots of posts on here its just a case of browsing through, I hope you find support and help like we all have.

on the web there is a host of sites just google avoidant personality disorder.

best wishes
S

Q

quality factor

Hi Manfea and :welcome:.
There is an informative section on all personality disorders on the
Mental Health Foundation site. Hope you find it helpful.

D

Dollit

Hi Manfea and welcome to the forum, hope you get what you need.

M

ManFea

Can i just say thanks for the replies and yes i've spent the day reading thought the posts here and for the web as a whole

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Manfea and welcome to the forum.

Just post when and where you feel comfortable!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Introduce Yourself 24
A Introduce Yourself 3
nonblondLA Introduce Yourself 6
B Introduce Yourself 1
SnowBird740 Introduce Yourself 10