• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello to Everyone

E

Eng65

Founding Member
I am an Alcoholic been sober 5 years now. I also have mental health problems brought about through abuse as a child. I have been involved in the scandals of women whose children have been removed through Social Services. This started sometime back with me, fighting the Local Authority on behalf of my partner, who has mental health herself. I am still involved with the situation of my partner. I have learned a lot from all of this, and I know now how to tackle these people, especially the GSCC the Local Authority.

I am sickened by what goes on for families who have problems. I hate the abuse of power of some Social Workers. Hopefully at the end of what I am doing, several social workers will get the sack. Also the Director of Social Services will be forced to resign.

Through my efforts I have come to know of some very helpful people who have now taken on board my partner’s case. I would like to share my experiences with others if they want help. I have my on forum which is dedicated to service users of mental health services. The URL is in my profile.

Regards
Eng65

messedupmiss

messedupmiss

Founding Member
a positive experience with soc serv

Hi there

Just wanted to share that not all social services involvement has been bad for me and my partner who both have severe mental health problems. I had 2 daughters when we met, one with disabilities and worried about losing my children to the system, we had some involvement from them but they provided extra support. When we had our 2 year old they were involved more so as our illness was going through a bit of a down time, we thought they would rip the family apart, felt we were being watched and monitored etc, we were but only to see if we needed extra support which they have been happy to provide as and when we needed and backed off when times got better.

I feel both sad and angry for your situation and wish there were things I could say to make it easier but I guess I just want to say maybe its worth changing your social worker? There are good ones out there!

Take care:hug:

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hey there Eng65, welcome to the boards.

:welcome:

E

Eng65

Founding Member
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome i hope my stay is an enjoyable one.

Regards,

Eng65

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pelyna Introduce Yourself 3
P Introduce Yourself 9
L Introduce Yourself 9
Magenta Pink Introduce Yourself 16
R Introduce Yourself 5