• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello to Everyone in Yorkshire & the Humber

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there - just thought that I would send a quick message of welcome... :welcome: to get the ball rolling so to speak. There's nothing worse than the sense of a big empty sheet of paper so now it's not quite so entirely empty!

M

margarete1967

Founding Member
Hello Honeyquince and Integal.
From a Yorkshire lass, or in other words a Hullian.
hows everyone doing.?

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Better for having a local forum - great to feel that people are geographically closer - but otherwise up and down as usual... moan moan... must start thinking more positively :clap: yipeee hooray etc. urghh - too tiring.

How about everyone else?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
Hi there, good to see a yorkshire site. Im a Leodsian or in more modern terms from Leeds. its nice to know there are others relatively local. Good luck Honey on your forum:flowers:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Thanks Daffy - do keep dropping by. How are all things 'mental health care' in Leeds. I live in hope that such a big place as Leeds would have some exciting stuff happening?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jsut thought I would come and make a big yorkshire noise:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y):LOL::LOL:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Well Hello intelgal and LDG.

Thanks for the yorkshire yowl intelgal - was pretty quiet in here!

Don't you feel that it has a definite Yorkshire feel about it here? Must be the water. :clap:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
absolutly.. we just need to mix it with a good yorkshire tea bag:tea::tea::LOL:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Perfect! I feel the need for some cake - the only thing I can think of is a Bettys' Fat Rascal. Is there a trad Yorkshire cake?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
oooo I dunno but I know yrkshire tea make some loverly ginger short bread.. fatty rascals are good to! Yorkshire curd cheescake maybe!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Curd Tart.... mmmmmmm :drool: (sorry for the emoticon - it's meant to be drooling but I think it looks like it's throwing up - not appropriate for the curd tart idea at all!)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
I live in hope that such a big place as Leeds would have some exciting stuff happening?

Not much chance of that. There are a few things that go on but most of them are held in a bit of a run down area of the city, and i dont think id have any wheels left on my car, so i dont usually go.

Talking of food, good old yorkshire puddings with gravy mmmmmm. A top and a bottom and nowt in t'middle (the perfect pud) :drool:When my kids were little i always made extra cos they liked them cold with golden syrup

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Daffy,

That amazes me about Leeds... that's just rubbish... isn't the trust the Community & MENTAL Health Trust... bit of a yawning gap there I think! There's always the mind open garden... though that may have passed by now.

I'm with you there with Yorkshire Pudding & gravy. While I do often crave something gooey and sweet (not very trendy but do you remember black forest gateaux... mmm) I do tend to be more of a savoury tooth... Yorkshire Rarebit... mmmmm :drool: