• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello to Everyone in Yorkshire & the Humber

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there - just thought that I would send a quick message of welcome... :welcome: to get the ball rolling so to speak. There's nothing worse than the sense of a big empty sheet of paper so now it's not quite so entirely empty!

M

margarete1967

Founding Member
Hello Honeyquince and Integal.
From a Yorkshire lass, or in other words a Hullian.
hows everyone doing.?

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Better for having a local forum - great to feel that people are geographically closer - but otherwise up and down as usual... moan moan... must start thinking more positively :clap: yipeee hooray etc. urghh - too tiring.

How about everyone else?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi there, good to see a yorkshire site. Im a Leodsian or in more modern terms from Leeds. its nice to know there are others relatively local. Good luck Honey on your forum:flowers:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Thanks Daffy - do keep dropping by. How are all things 'mental health care' in Leeds. I live in hope that such a big place as Leeds would have some exciting stuff happening?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY Jsut thought I would come and make a big yorkshire noise:LOL::LOL::LOL:(y)(y):LOL::LOL:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Well Hello intelgal and LDG.

Thanks for the yorkshire yowl intelgal - was pretty quiet in here!

Don't you feel that it has a definite Yorkshire feel about it here? Must be the water. :clap:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
absolutly.. we just need to mix it with a good yorkshire tea bag:tea::tea::LOL:

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Perfect! I feel the need for some cake - the only thing I can think of is a Bettys' Fat Rascal. Is there a trad Yorkshire cake?

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
oooo I dunno but I know yrkshire tea make some loverly ginger short bread.. fatty rascals are good to! Yorkshire curd cheescake maybe!

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Curd Tart.... mmmmmmm :drool: (sorry for the emoticon - it's meant to be drooling but I think it looks like it's throwing up - not appropriate for the curd tart idea at all!)

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I live in hope that such a big place as Leeds would have some exciting stuff happening?

Not much chance of that. There are a few things that go on but most of them are held in a bit of a run down area of the city, and i dont think id have any wheels left on my car, so i dont usually go.

Talking of food, good old yorkshire puddings with gravy mmmmmm. A top and a bottom and nowt in t'middle (the perfect pud) :drool:When my kids were little i always made extra cos they liked them cold with golden syrup

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Daffy,

That amazes me about Leeds... that's just rubbish... isn't the trust the Community & MENTAL Health Trust... bit of a yawning gap there I think! There's always the mind open garden... though that may have passed by now.

I'm with you there with Yorkshire Pudding & gravy. While I do often crave something gooey and sweet (not very trendy but do you remember black forest gateaux... mmm) I do tend to be more of a savoury tooth... Yorkshire Rarebit... mmmmm :drool: