• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello to all, and thank you.

G

gt4awd

After searching through multiple mental health, psychology, and self help forums I've ended up here. The digital format/layout and amount of individual thread replies has made me comfortable with this decision. Clearly based on these factors mentalhealthforum.net has set itself above others. My past experience in an online forum environment is vast and allows me to be a lot more engaging than in person. It is how I learned to truly communicate with others with more foundation.

Obviously a lot of us end up on these forums to deal with underlying issues in our lives. That is the main reason I am here... I do however feel the ability the help others and the want to do so as well. This being an introduction thread we will not discuss my reasons for joining unless it is asked of me. The answer will be brief as a thread will be started to discuss. I would rather like you all to know the basics of the person that is writing this post. With that said here we go.

I am not from New Mexico. I was born in Arizona. However Arizona has almost no memories as the family left at a very young age. My dad died, and my mom had to flee a following relationship that was very abusive. My grandpa (her dad) lived in New Mexico. So now the family ends up in one of the most remote parts of this new state. My family being my mom, and my older brother of two years. My mother was a diagnosed bi-polar depressed individual, clinically medicated, and also a self medicating alcoholic. You can imaging the troubles of this situation as a growing child.

I feel this has explained the basics. The story can continue if requested. Thank you so much for having a forum that can help and heal people. I look forward to further discusssions and honestly I should have found a resource like this many, many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome:

I’m glad you have joined us and I hope you will find the support from the great people here on the forum.

G

gt4awd

Thank you Talina. I have left out an important fact. I'm in my 30's and the reason for joining has nothing to do with my upbringing. Those are issues I've personally dealt with mostly, or at least I like to tell myself that. A lot of truth to it, but I will not lie and say it's in the past.

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
There are many reason to join the forum. A couple years ago I would never dare join a forum because of social anxiety. At least I hope you will enjoy it here and it take time to learn how to handle issues from the past. I believe you can learn how to cope but it will still be there in the background.

G

gt4awd

There are many reason to join the forum. A couple years ago I would never dare join a forum because of social anxiety. At least I hope you will enjoy it here and it take time to learn how to handle issues from the past. I believe you can learn how to cope but it will still be there in the background.
Thank you Talina. You know it's funny I joined this to seek self help and in such an immediate amount of time I now believe I may have been brought here to help others. As I've already began to reply to others my underlying issues seem to be self healing.

Talina

Talina

Forum Safety Team
Thank you Talina. You know it's funny I joined this to seek self help and in such an immediate amount of time I now believe I may have been brought here to help others. As I've already began to reply to others my underlying issues seem to be self healing.
You can never know how it will go and it’s great you are giving support and tips for other people on the forum.

Bipolarbear808

Bipolarbear808

Hi gt4awd! Welcome to the forum, I hope you like it here!

OCDguy

OCDguy

:welcome: to the Forum, it's great to have you here :)

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi and welcome to the forum :welcome: