• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello There

H

huggableboat

Hello there, I have had generalized anxiety disorder paired with agoraphobia for over 5 years and I have been moderately housebound for two. I am currently struggling with daily anxiety because of my grandmas declining health and not having a good way to cope with it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ladyfair

Ladyfair

Hello there, I have had generalized anxiety disorder paired with agoraphobia for over 5 years and I have been moderately housebound for two. I am currently struggling with daily anxiety because of my grandmas declining health and not having a good way to cope with it. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Welcome to the forum.😊

soul searching

soul searching

:welcome: huggableboat! Anxiety, GAD, is a lot worse than most people realize. Exercise, sleep, and meditation work the best for me. Don't know anything about agoraphobia, sorry. There is a forum on here for phobias you might like to check out.

H

huggableboat

:welcome: huggableboat! Anxiety, GAD, is a lot worse than most people realize. Exercise, sleep, and meditation work the best for me. Don't know anything about agoraphobia, sorry. There is a forum on here for phobias you might like to check out.
Hi there, nice to meet you, I popped over and introduced myself there as well. I try and do things to keep my mind busy and meditation works for me about 50% of the time, if I am able to concentrate on it, it really helps.

G

GoldLeopard

Nice to meet you, huggableboat! You come to the right place.

Having experienced a grandfather with the same condition, I know, to a degree, how that can feel. If my understanding is correct, it's hard because you don't want to see her weaken and suffer to do things she couldn't do before. Watching someone suffer is something I don't enjoy at all, myself! Let me know if I'm wrong. :)

My inbox is open to conversation if you want to vent some details. Just don't give any specific names, or places if you do!

H

huggableboat

Nice to meet you, huggableboat! You come to the right place.

Having experienced a grandfather with the same condition, I know, to a degree, how that can feel. If my understanding is correct, it's hard because you don't want to see her weaken and suffer to do things she couldn't do before. Watching someone suffer is something I don't enjoy at all, myself! Let me know if I'm wrong. :)

My inbox is open to conversation if you want to vent some details. Just don't give any specific names, or places if you do!
Hi there, very much appreciate the offer, it is nice to see everyone be so welcoming. in regards to my grandma, I have been very fortunate to have her in my life as long as I have, and I have been trying not to grieve because she is still around and there is no reason to grieve.

G

GoldLeopard

I'm loving this community, as well!

We all come with different conditions, backgrounds, races, ages, stories, and more.

My grandfather was the same way. He was the patriarch of the family. Very funny and cared for all family members.

For me, discussing these things is therapy for me, as well!

One thing I can recommend is to stay with her during these times. It may be difficult for her, too! And that might put you in a better state, knowing that you are encouraging her. :)

soul searching

soul searching

I lived with and took care of my father for 8 years. He had dementia and a brain injury from a fall. We, my brother and sister, grieved over the 8 year period, preparing ourselves for the day. He did have some quality of life, thank goodness. He passed in his sleep at the age of 84. Even though we were mentally prepared, it was still awful.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Huggableboat :)hug:) welcome to the forum :welcome:

BadWolf10

BadWolf10

Hello, nice to meet you. I am new here too

Heartbroken

Heartbroken

Huggableboat, welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing. I have agoraphobia too and I'm housebound too. I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's health. It can be very difficult to find a way to cope with someone else's health problems when you're barely coping with your own health problems and without external support it's very hard, overwhelming. Hugs