hello there

blaiddyd

blaiddyd

Hi! You guys can call me Flos (pronounced a little bit like "flows" if that's valuable to you).

I'm 25 and I've been in treatment for a variety of mental health issues since I was about 16, but recently I'm starting to have new symptoms that could indicate that I'm developing some form of schizophrenia spectrum disorder. I don't personally know anyone who has dealt with this kind of thing so I was hoping to find people with similar experiences here.

Other than that, I'm a dog person, I love to write and read and watch horror movies and would like to spend as much time at museums as possible. I'm gay and I have a very wonderful supportive and loving boyfriend. I studied history but will probably be trying to go into some kind of creative writing program this coming academic year. College has not been easy for me for reasons you can probably guess but I keep trying.

I'm happy to be here. I hope I can meet some cool people and learn things in the process.

:dance:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Welcome Flos!

If yiu don't mind me asking, what symptoms have you been having that lead you to the idea you have some form of schizophrenia?

I'm a voice hearer myself with over three years experience.

blaiddyd

blaiddyd

Welcome Flos!

If yiu don't mind me asking, what symptoms have you been having that lead you to the idea you have some form of schizophrenia?

I'm a voice hearer myself with over three years experience.
Thank you!

I have had extensive experience with auditory hallucinations too, and paranoia as well but it was usually addressed as either an unspecified thing or related to my bpd. But now I've been getting into catatonic states and having weird involuntary body movements. I also had a very severe olfactory hallucination that lasted over a day recently and it's not coinciding with mood or anything so my therapist is really concerned. She brought up schizoaffective disorder so I guess she's leaning towards that?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
These catatonic states could be temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), quite often people who have TLE experience hallucinations across all five senses. I'd see my GP about this and ask to see a neurologist.

I've had involuntary movements aswell, not so much now I'm on anti-psychotics, mostly they were my fingers wiggling, jaw clenching/grinding of teeth and random muscle spasms.

I've also had olfactory hallucinations, once I could smell coffee and I don't even drink coffee, it was like a cup was right under my nose and the same for a burning smell.

My paranoia and hallucinations were put down to psychosis, something I've recovered from but my doctor has never said anything about schizophrenia to me, she prefers to treat symptoms and my only symptom now is this persistent male voice I've been hearing but thankfully the medication reduces the volume of him by around 95% letting me focus more easily and get on with my day.

LizBo

LizBo

Well hello there to you too Flos :welcome:

Looking forward to seeing (and reading) you around the forums.

Justafriend95

Justafriend95

Welcome Flos. Hope you will find what you need.
If I can help sent me a PM.

L

Lunacie

These catatonic states could be temporal lobe epilepsy (TLE), quite often people who have TLE experience hallucinations across all five senses. I'd see my GP about this and ask to see a neurologist.

I've had involuntary movements aswell, not so much now I'm on anti-psychotics, mostly they were my fingers wiggling, jaw clenching/grinding of teeth and random muscle spasms.

I've also had olfactory hallucinations, once I could smell coffee and I don't even drink coffee, it was like a cup was right under my nose and the same for a burning smell.

My paranoia and hallucinations were put down to psychosis, something I've recovered from but my doctor has never said anything about schizophrenia to me, she prefers to treat symptoms and my only symptom now is this persistent male voice I've been hearing but thankfully the medication reduces the volume of him by around 95% letting me focus more easily and get on with my day.
Olfactory and other hallucinations can also be a symptom of migraine disorder, just another one of my many neurological issues. Smelling something burning is a very common prodrome for migraine, also hearing faint voices or music or seeing what looks like eye floaters. I've even heard the doorbell as a migraine prodrome several times.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Welcome!x (Love the Croconaw avatar, by the way!)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 2
DarkenedAngelAria Introduce Yourself 3
BipolarBear528 Introduce Yourself 1
H Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 11