• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello there forum friends :)

H

HappyGoFit

Hello,
It's nice to meet you all.
As a kid, I have suffered from depression, also anxiety (school certainly did not help matters). I have been on medication to help me cope with this. Although medication did help me, I did not like the mechanical feeling it gave me so I tried other (non dangerous) methods to help me cope. Through experimenting, I found that regular exercise has helped me hugely. I do not advise coming off your medication without speaking to your doctor first though.

I was wondering has anyone found that regular activity has helped them?

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome HappyGoFit! Yes many doctors and providers do recommend a regular fitness regimen as part of a larger therapeutic approach to most mental health diagnoses.
I have tried it in the past and found it to be very helpful too! xo, j

N

natalie

Hi WelcomeHappyGo Fit,

Welcome aboard to MHF.

Many moons ago, whilst I was developing mental illnesses, and I had a bad bus ride experience once, it was the case it went onto diversion, and I was not happy, irate in fact, and eventually when could, during the day worked out! So certainly to help depression set off in in the first instance, I have always benefited from working out to my fitness dvds.

And, for mental health ailments in general.

I do take med, for szchiophrenia traits.

Barny67

Barny67

Hi welcome, exercise certainly helps me stay grounded. I only do about 15min a day and I love the endorphin release.
I also meditate daily, it helps steady my mind and clears it of the crap thoughts.
I still use meds, keeps the brain zaps at bay. Tc

H

HappyGoFit

Thank you all so much for your feedback and making me feel so welcome :)

I found that exercise ha benefited me so much so that I studied to qualify as a PT, so I can help others struggling.

I like the idea of meditating and will look into it. How long did it take for you to feel the benefits of meditation?

I was thinking about the idea of holding free online workout classes for those who struggle with mental health. esp through this pandemic. I want to help and try to bring others up.

what are your thoughts?

Sissy2021

Sissy2021

I'm also new to the forum (y), I'm a girl from Mexico and I'm not very good at English, so if I make a mistake I'm sorry.
I welcome you. :welcome:
If it can help you something, I was diagnosed with depression many years ago, honestly I do not have good experience with medications, and here in Mexico they do not have much help to say, what helps me is to exercise, at the time I read a lot about a man named Edgar Cayce and Robert Monroe, they are very good readings, I highly recommend it, I do not do meditation, but there is an application called Hemi Sync, (I have to clarify that I am not promoting it, I am just saying what I It has helped in my despair since here in Mexico there is almost no help.) All this has helped me a lot. :):rolleyes:

I hope I have helped you, and that my testimony will serve you.
Greetings and I hope you are fine.

M

Marianda

I'm also new to the forum (y), I'm a girl from Mexico and I'm not very good at English, so if I make a mistake I'm sorry.
If it can help you something, I was diagnosed with depression many years ago, honestly I do not have good experience with medications, and here in Mexico they do not have much help to say, what helps me is to exercise, at the time I read a lot about a man named Edgar Cayce and Robert Monroe, they are very good readings, I highly recommend it, I do not do meditation, but there is an application called Hemi Sync, (I have to clarify that I am not promoting it, I am just saying what I It has helped in my despair since here in Mexico there is almost no help.) All this has helped me a lot. :):rolleyes:

I also read a lot about Edgar Cayce and his psychic abilities and I was fascinated. He was certainly a gifted man.

Barny67

Barny67

Thank you all so much for your feedback and making me feel so welcome :)

I found that exercise ha benefited me so much so that I studied to qualify as a PT, so I can help others struggling.

I like the idea of meditating and will look into it. How long did it take for you to feel the benefits of meditation?

I was thinking about the idea of holding free online workout classes for those who struggle with mental health. esp through this pandemic. I want to help and try to bring others up.

what are your thoughts?
The more you meditate the easier it becomes. Tc

soul searching

soul searching

Hi HappyGoFit and welcome! Exercise or just moving around helps me tremendously.

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi HappyGoFit welcome to the forum :welcome:

H

HappyGoFit

Aww thank you everybody for being so nice :)

It's been really interesting to hear all if you thoughts and what you do to help yourself cope.
It seems that a fair few of you have mentioned that you enjoy meditation.

Do you know the best way to go about it, where to start?

Hi and thank you for your kind and informative advice. I haven't heard of Edgar Cayce or Robert Monroe but I will certainly look into them. Fascinating!

H

HappyGoFit

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes and informative advice :)
A few of you seem to mention how meditation has benefited you. Interesting.

Do you know the best way to go about starting? I have tried a few times before but cannot seem to get my mind to focus and let go.

Barny67

Barny67

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes and informative advice :)
A few of you seem to mention how meditation has benefited you. Interesting.

Do you know the best way to go about starting? I have tried a few times before but cannot seem to get my mind to focus and let go.
Go to UTube & type meditation.
It will feel like your wasting your time for a while but stick at it. I’d be lost without it.
Do it anywhere you want, settee, bed , anywhere. Tc

H

HappyGoFit

Go to UTube & type meditation.
It will feel like your wasting your time for a while but stick at it. I’d be lost without it.
Do it anywhere you want, settee, bed , anywhere. Tc
Thank you :)
I'll give it a go