• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, seeking help for mental illness

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

Hello, this is not the first fourm I have been on but it's the first since I was 15 I was bullied relentless until I left the group, I am 21 now and more emotionally mature.
I joined because I am currently not able to get access to mental health treatment, I can't even get a general health checkup at the moment.
However, I know for sure my mental health is declining. I have a family history of bipolar disorder, OCD but, my grandmother suffered from schizophrenia, and possibly my dad did as well but he was only diagnosed with bipolar disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder.
I show symptoms of bipolar disorder, I have since I was sixteen. I have panic disorder, social anxiety and, depression. I have never seen a therapist or a doctor because my family is paranoid about doctors.
*Some TRIGGERING stuff here, nothing major though*
I have suffered in silence for the most part, dealing with suicidal thoughts, self harm (from the ages of 12-16ish). The only problems that my family has addressed is my anger that I get while suicidal.
So I am hoping that, hopefully I can get some support until i get a doctor and help others as much as possible.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)

P

Pollypop

Hi Murasakibee,
I’m glad you’ve joined us here.
We all try to give and receive help to each other.
This is a good place to be, especially as you can’t get any
professional help at the moment.

Hope you stay around.

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

Hi Murasakibee,
I’m glad you’ve joined us here.
We all try to give and receive help to each other.
This is a good place to be, especially as you can’t get any
professional help at the moment.

Hope you stay around.
Thank you. I hope to help others and get help

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hello, this is not the first fourm I have been on but it's the first since I was 15 I was bullied relentless until I left the group, I am 21 now and more emotionally mature.
I joined because I am currently not able to get access to mental health treatment, I can't even get a general health checkup at the moment.
However, I know for sure my mental health is declining. I have a family history of bipolar disorder, OCD but, my grandmother suffered from schizophrenia, and possibly my dad did as well but he was only diagnosed with bipolar disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder.
I show symptoms of bipolar disorder, I have since I was sixteen. I have panic disorder, social anxiety and, depression. I have never seen a therapist or a doctor because my family is paranoid about doctors.
*Some TRIGGERING stuff here, nothing major though*
I have suffered in silence for the most part, dealing with suicidal thoughts, self harm (from the ages of 12-16ish). The only problems that my family has addressed is my anger that I get while suicidal.
So I am hoping that, hopefully I can get some support until i get a doctor and help others as much as possible.
You will find lots of support here. But try get some medical as soon as is possible

Murasakibee

Murasakibee

Thanks everyone, I am still trying to get seen. I just thought I should reach out since I have been showing things of psychosis, but according to an online support expert if I'm afraid going crazy I probably won't but I should watch out for things and get help as soon as possible.

V

Vortex Rider

In my experience, I’ve learned I have more power over my thoughts than I realized. Watch out for that Inner Gremlin who wants us to doubt ourselves and reality. Learning mindfulness has been amazing for me on my healing path. I see you. You are strong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Introduce Yourself 7
yearning_loner Introduce Yourself 10
B Introduce Yourself 6
Eternal_Clusterfluff Introduce Yourself 8
Meli Introduce Yourself 13