• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello, recently i read an artical, about a false self that some believe is actually behind the steering wheel.

O

Offkielter

Yes I know this is random, but please bear with me on this one.
From what I've ascertained to date is this...
In a nutshell BPD changed me physiologically as well as mentally.
And maybe something extreme had happened to me.
Which in effect shut me down, in a forced shut down manner to protect the core hardware of my mind.
But...
When I was rebooted, all previously stored emotional files had been deleted.
And the core system of my brain, had now changed and now it's BPD 2.0 in the driving seat.
My point is, I'm going through a hell of a time which I'm struggling with. Stress ,some say through certain hormones to do with stress in the first place, this is the thing that changes people.
I'm thinking about the likelihood of getting a 2nd wave BPD emotional hardware wipe at the age of 50.and wether it will corrupt my inner sanctum operating system. So to speak. Any thoughts or possibly positive advice?

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Taking a break
BPD is something that flares up and settles down a lot, so anything could happen :hug:

sorry its not a helpful answer :hug:

Koi1971

Koi1971

Yes I know this is random, but please bear with me on this one.
From what I've ascertained to date is this...
In a nutshell BPD changed me physiologically as well as mentally.
And maybe something extreme had happened to me.
Which in effect shut me down, in a forced shut down manner to protect the core hardware of my mind.
But...
When I was rebooted, all previously stored emotional files had been deleted.
And the core system of my brain, had now changed and now it's BPD 2.0 in the driving seat.
My point is, I'm going through a hell of a time which I'm struggling with. Stress ,some say through certain hormones to do with stress in the first place, this is the thing that changes people.
I'm thinking about the likelihood of getting a 2nd wave BPD emotional hardware wipe at the age of 50.and wether it will corrupt my inner sanctum operating system. So to speak. Any thoughts or possibly positive advice?
Your analogy is fitting, I'm am 49 and just before I sat down to look at the forum, I was thinking about how my life feels like the old school game Pit Fall, I'm moving, doing what needs to be done, but it's all unfulfilling, just jump over that, swing on a vine, hop on alligators, Etc...

A reboot would be great, I just don't want to end up like Pong. Intellectual simulation (like posting on this forum) is keeping me somewhat sane, your post helped me to get centered today, thank you.

O

Offkielter

Your analogy is fitting, I'm am 49 and just before I sat down to look at the forum, I was thinking about how my life feels like the old school game Pit Fall, I'm moving, doing what needs to be done, but it's all unfulfilling, just jump over that, swing on a vine, hop on alligators, Etc...

A reboot would be great, I just don't want to end up like Pong. Intellectual simulation (like posting on this forum) is keeping me somewhat sane, your post helped me to get centered today, thank you.

O

Offkielter

Very glad to hear that.
This is the first form of social media/forum that I've done .ever . So I'm not sure what's what yet.
From the US?
Sorry I never did geography. Honestly.
Anywhere near Arkansas?