• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello people. Looking for people with similar experiences.

S

steventhesong

My name is steven and im 23. I just had a thought that i should go to the internet for a problem that i am having. The reason i joined this website is because I realised that I am depressed and extremely anxious around people. I realised that as an escape i love to scream and cuss at imaginary people and give them all my anger. It disturbs me that I find pleasure in screaming at people whether imaginary or real. I realised that i grew up in a setting where i was validated for treating people terribly, but now I feel like nothing without it. When i talk to real people I find that I have to supress myself to not say anything mean cause i dont want to hurt their feelings. Its really hard to talk to people cause i just get this feeling to be angry at them.

This is probably due to low self esteem and when I am around people i have to belittle them to show my status.

I am wondering if anyone else has dealt with this and or knows how to tackle an issue like this.

Last edited:
Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome! Thank you for sharing a bit about your struggles and sorry to hear that depression and anxiety are making your life more difficult.

The behavior of family members are often passed along to us - they modeled that behavior which is how we learned it. There are some helpful behavioral therapies designed to help change potentially destructive or unhealthy behaviors. They also help with negative thoughts. Have you any experiences with them? You demonstrate an awareness of your actions, of what causes them and how they affect others which is why I ask.

Glad to have you among us, I hope you find some relief from the anxiety and depression.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Hello i have C PTSD and looking for advice Introduce Yourself 11
N Hello, looking for understanding Introduce Yourself 5
K Hello one and all! Looking forward to being part of this community as a long term sufferer of depression and retired mental health nurse. Introduce Yourself 11
E Newbie hello all... looking for any advice being in a relationship with BPD Introduce Yourself 7
F Hello, I’m just looking for friends Introduce Yourself 10
M Hello - Just looking for advice/insight. Introduce Yourself 7
P Hello! Looking for someone to talk to! Introduce Yourself 10
J Hello, im looking to chat with people with conversion disorder Introduce Yourself 2
Randle McMurphy Hello, is it me I'm looking for? Introduce Yourself 13
Fireflies201 Hello. I’m looking to get better. Introduce Yourself 8
H Hello, is it me your looking for? Probably not :-) Introduce Yourself 4
Z Hello! I'm new to this forum. Looking to practice DBT with others. Introduce Yourself 5
E Hello, broken down and looking for help Introduce Yourself 3
A Hello, not sure what I am looking for Introduce Yourself 2
G Hello - I am new and looking forward to sharing my thoughts --Happy Monday : ) Introduce Yourself 1
E Hello there , looking forward in exchanging expiriences and struggles Introduce Yourself 1
L Hello, I'm looking for a place to express my inner struggles. Introduce Yourself 5
J Hello. I've been looking for something like this. Looking forward. Introduce Yourself 3
S Hello. Looking for somewhere to share my experiences. Introduce Yourself 6
Socialanxietysucks Hello everyone :3 ~ looking to make some friends! Introduce Yourself 8
B Hello, I'm looking for advice on my situation. Introduce Yourself 2
K Hello, looking for help Introduce Yourself 2
R Hello. Looking for a chat. Introduce Yourself 4
J Hello, I am new to this site, looking for some encouragement Introduce Yourself 4
L Hello looking for new friends who understand me Introduce Yourself 3
W Hello, looking for some support and advice Introduce Yourself 12
Blackpanther70 Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 6
J Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 7
R Hello everybody Introduce Yourself 3
K Hello Introduce Yourself 2
H Hello everyone Introduce Yourself 4
A Hello Introduce Yourself 4
M Hello Everyone! Introduce Yourself 2
K Hello! I'm new here, and I'd like to get some help if possible. Introduce Yourself 4
L Hello new to this forum Introduce Yourself 7
V Hello. I'm Ralani1053 Introduce Yourself 10
F Hello.. need some advice Introduce Yourself 2
Nothingtofeel Hello, Back here again Introduce Yourself 3
N Hello everybody Introduce Yourself 6
M Hello to you all :) Introduce Yourself 67
findingblue hello, remember you're not alone Introduce Yourself 6
S Hello...new here Introduce Yourself 11
P Hello Introduce Yourself 13
M Hello Introduce Yourself 9
B Hello Introduce Yourself 9
Marmalade Hello again... Introduce Yourself 2