• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Hello, not sure if I should be here

M

Mr Concentrate

Hello everyone. So I've been told in the past that I have anxiety, but I've never really had any physical symptoms, other than palpitations occasionally & they're mostly during exercise so I could just be unfit, though I've had check ups in the past & there's no physical health issue there, I have always been paranoid about my health, but that's not my main issue.

My main problem at the moment is my focus & concentration, I currently have a lot of time on my hands & I need to be using it productively, but I just can't focus. At the end of every day I feel quite positive that the next day i'll really make some progress, but within an hour or so i'm flitting from one thing to another & achieving nothing.

I'm pretty sure the reason I can't stick at it is because i'm worried i'll fail, but in a way that makes it worse, if I already understand my problem but still can't escape it then what do you do? I've had one therapy session in the past, but it was really more of an introductory thing & I chose not to carry on with sessions in person because I didn't feel my problems were serious enough to warrant taking the resources away from people with serious problems & of course the therapist wouldn't tell me what I should do either way, everything was up to me & decisions are very much not my forte.

M

Mr Concentrate

Thanks for the welcome :)

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Hello and welcome. Therapy could be helpful for just getting you into the right direction. Talking to your GP could be a start aswell. But if your not comfortable doing this things there are some relaxion option to try. Like yoga can help, breathing exercises, especially ones geared towards anxiety.

M

Mr Concentrate

Hello and welcome. Therapy could be helpful for just getting you into the right direction. Talking to your GP could be a start aswell. But if your not comfortable doing this things there are some relaxion option to try. Like yoga can help, breathing exercises, especially ones geared towards anxiety.
Hi, thanks. I have talked to my gp before when I was more obviously anxious & that's when I had my one therapy session, I just felt like I shouldn't be there, but maybe I should try again. I just don't want to leech resources from someone else.

I've tried meditation a few times, but as is a pattern with me, I've never stuck with it long enough 😂 I've been using the insight meditation app over the last couple of days since this has started being a more obvious issue, the breathing helps but the voiceovers are a bit cheesy & drag me out of it. I'm going to do my best to stick with it anyway

S

sadgirl

Hi mr concentrate and welcome to the forum please feel free to look around and post whenever you can I have to agree with lavender rose about talking to your gp he /she are there to support you

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Hi, thanks. I have talked to my gp before when I was more obviously anxious & that's when I had my one therapy session, I just felt like I shouldn't be there, but maybe I should try again. I just don't want to leech resources from someone else.

I've tried meditation a few times, but as is a pattern with me, I've never stuck with it long enough 😂 I've been using the insight meditation app over the last couple of days since this has started being a more obvious issue, the breathing helps but the voiceovers are a bit cheesy & drag me out of it. I'm going to do my best to stick with it anyway
I've done the therapy thing and quit it a few times myself. Started it again and am determined to try and stick with it this time. I've read before that the sooner you get some form of treatment the better. Basically you start to develop a negative thoughts, and after awhile that just becomes you thought process. That why they have whole process to basically retrain your brain to not do that anymore. So if you think of it that way your doing preventive treatment. You never wasting anyone's times, you deserve to be happy and healthy just like anyone else.