• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Hello newbie Nicola...good to meet you all!

N

Nicola398

Former member
Hello I am new here. I am a fellow sufferer but have managed to stay well and out of hospital for two and a half years now.I keep myself busy with my interests , reading, music, art, cooking, pets and family.I have had Schizoaffective disorder diagnosed.
When i am not in psychosis I find I can live a fairly normal life, except I am unable to work due to physical illness and depression, I also have social anxiety.
I would love to meet others here with the same diagnosis or other mental illnesses and hear your stories. I was a member of another site where we were encouraged to share our troubles and support each other.Is it a similar thing goes on here.
If we were feeling really bad and needed support urgently what would be the best way to get it on here?I live alone and as I say do not work, I have two cats and am looking to make new friends and find someone close who would be my partner. I am in my late forties.I hope to chat with some of you soon. Thanks.Nicola.:):):)

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

Former member
Hey Nicola. Welcome to the forum!

Yep we do loads of supporting each other here! Having a look round the forums is probably the best way to get a good idea of the forum.

xxx

Sunshine & Showers

Sunshine & Showers

Hi Nicola *waves* Welcome to the forum.

I suffer from depression and social anxiety too. I've found this site really helpful and I hope you do too.
Have a we look at the forums and I hope to talk to you soon.

Big hugs PGE xxx

messymoo

messymoo

Former member
Hi Nicola

:welcome: to the forum. Take a good look around and join in when you feel ready. We are a very supportive bunch here.
Messy xx

V

voyager

Former member
Hi Nicola :welcome:to the Forum, voyager :hug:xx Usually silly, but can be serious xx

A

atlantis

nicola,

to answer your question, this forum is split in to sections (anxiety, depression, eating disorders) etc etc.

the best thing to do would be to post in that section where you need help and i'm sure you'll get a lot of responses

J

J o r d a n

Hello, welcome to the forums. If you ever need to talk, I'm sure lots of people would be willing to, me included:).